CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Ahh i thought they were doing that two weeks ago!??

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Also played Monday,really is one of my favorite courses,friendly staff,great fairways.Teed off at 1224 and were done around 415....

Putter BrianH1 is on a distinguished road
    Anyone played Irish Hills yet? If so what are the conditions like?

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Played Bearbrook yesterday afternoon. Their greens are still in EXTREMELY rough shape. Be advised that they were punching them all yesterday while I was playing. Didn't look like anything was going to be filled afterwards. Still good for practice rounds at the discounted pricing....but forget about putting for awhile....
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1 View Post
    Anyone played Irish Hills yet? If so what are the conditions like?

Played on June 5th... it was in good condition. Just two greens were in bad (iffy) shape. Our foursome played in just under 4 hours. I was pleasantly surprized.

Putter BrianH1 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks I will give it a try this Sunday, also want to check out the newly renovated Chesire Cat pub after the round.

Lob Wedge Casselview is on a distinguished road
    jmwhite, thank you for your compliments! We have received compliments regarding our greens since we opened this season! We hope that you had the opportunity to play since then!?

1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar
    Loch March - played today (in the POURING RAIN) in a tournament. The course is amazing shape. Fairways are lush, roughs are deep and punishing and the greens have ZERO winter kill on them. Rolling pretty quick and true. This was my first time playing there today and I will be going back for sure (albeit in better weather).

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    LM, one of my fav Ottawa courses.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    LM, one of my fav Ottawa courses.
    Hands down my favorite and most challenging course. I just never play well here but I love it.

6 Iron Ian is on a distinguished road Ian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1 View Post
    Thanks I will give it a try this Sunday, also want to check out the newly renovated Chesire Cat pub after the round.
    The Cheshire Cat burned down this spring; won't re-open until the fall. I miss it too!

1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DecoyOctopus View Post
    Hands down my favorite and most challenging course. I just never play well here but I love it.
    It's one of my favourite layouts for sure, however I don't find it to be an exceptionally challenging course. I find Eagle Creek to be a significantly harder course as course management is of the essence. In my duffer opinion anyway.

Gap Wedge Steerpike is on a distinguished road
    Played Eagle Creek on Tuesday. Tees and greens were good, but like a lot of area courses, some ice damaged fairways. All in all, though quite playable.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    I am sure many courses are suffering from the same but played Cassleview today , zero roll in the faiway , several plugged shots, lots of thin muddy lies in the fairways. Not to mention the group behind hit into us 3 times which caused me to kinda lose my cool on the 3rd occasion. Once ok ; the guy bombed a drive on #9 , no problem he got it down the hill but it was hot , it was a 1 hopper. Second time we advised the marshall to talk to them as the drive flew over a playng partner 10 yards right. 3rd time I took it upon myself to have a chat with the one particular person who was the culprit on all 3 occasions. His explanation was I was laying up , I don't consider a layup landing 10 yards off the green when we are putting.
    On the positive the greens are great.

Lob Wedge Casselview is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    I am sure many courses are suffering from the same but played Cassleview today , zero roll in the faiway , several plugged shots, lots of thin muddy lies in the fairways. Not to mention the group behind hit into us 3 times which caused me to kinda lose my cool on the 3rd occasion. Once ok ; the guy bombed a drive on #9 , no problem he got it down the hill but it was hot , it was a 1 hopper. Second time we advised the marshall to talk to them as the drive flew over a playng partner 10 yards right. 3rd time I took it upon myself to have a chat with the one particular person who was the culprit on all 3 occasions. His explanation was I was laying up , I don't consider a layup landing 10 yards off the green when we are putting.
    On the positive the greens are great.
    Hello Cleek, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our greens! Despite all the rain we have been getting, our drainage is not bad at all. We hope that mother nature will send some sun and and some warm weather our way! As for the group behind you, we understand your frustrations. We are glad to hear that you warned our marshal about this as it can be dangerous. Be sure to like our Facebook page and share the post of our latest contest. Next Wednesday, we are drawing a FOURSOME WITH CARTS, VALID ANYTIME DURING THE 2013 SEASON. Don't miss out, and hope to see you soon!

Shagging Balls Wayne is on a distinguished road
    Anyone play Marshes last week? I will go out Sunday.

Thanks
    Birdie put

should have mentioned at Cassleview the starter ( I believe he was the club pro ) was fantastic , really good at his job. The handing out of divot repair tools is also a good idea. The Marshall , also good at his job & empathetic. I have always liked the course and have nothing negative to say except my game went from good to bad really quick because I was worked up about the knob behind us.

Lob Wedge jalves is on a distinguished road
    Anyone been out to Champlain recently? I read previous posts but noticed they were over a month old.

Par Anth13 is on a distinguished road Anth13's Avatar
    Anyone play the Marshes lately?

Pitching Wedge GottaGolf is on a distinguished road
    Just got back, still not worth playing. Greens still have lots of dead spots, fairways are OK but if your paying full price its not worth it.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Kingsway - June 12, 2013

This course is extremely WET!!! We had to use a ball retriever on the fairways. We had to move the ball for causal water on every fairway. It just needs some time to dry out.

played Marshes today , greens are much improved from 3 weeks ago , should be tip top by July. Only paid $40 to play so no complaints

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Much improved like rolling fast and smooth?

much improved as in they have grass on most of their greens. One of the crew there mentioned thay are aerating next week. I'd say by July 1 could be up to Marshes standards.

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    much improved as in they have grass on most of their greens. One of the crew there mentioned thay are aerating next week. I'd say by July 1 could be up to Marshes standards.
    They have not aerated yet? 99% of courses in the ottawa area have already done so and are already in top shape. Why did they wait so long?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    They have not aerated yet? 99% of courses in the ottawa area have already done so and are already in top shape. Why did they wait so long?!
    I don't know where you're playing Bouche but I don't think anywhere close to 99% of the courses in Ottawa have greens in 'top shape' right now. I think you could count those that do on one hand...IMHO
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Bouche
    OK Maybe not top shape but most courses are aerated. the courses I have played are pretty darn close to being mid season. (Pineview, casselman, Prescott, renfrew)

Canadian is in nice shape , except for a couple of greens overall very nice, fairways good , rough is thick. Now that CC has taken out the old par 3 #17 the Canadian par 4 #12 is my new 'most disliked' hole in the region

Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    OK Maybe not top shape but most courses are aerated. the courses I have played are pretty darn close to being mid season. (Pineview, casselman, Prescott, renfrew)
    Well, out of those four you've named, Casselman and Prescott have been in great shape since they took their covers off in late April / early May. I can't speak to Renfrew as I have yet to play it this year. However, I played Pineview yesterday for the second time this season. They're coming .... but nowhere near their mid-season shape!

The Ottawa Region courses took a beating... Marshes, the Hunt Club, the Royal Ottawa etc. etc.....courses which are normally at least 9 out of 10 wrt condition, all hurting this year. We need to reflect on the fact that this is a strange season with strange weather leading up to and continuing into mid-season play.

We've had many a good year... but this just isn't one. We need to support all our courses during this tough, tough season and recognize that they are doing their best with what Mother Nature is providing...which, to this point, has not been much! And again, IMHO.

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Oaks of Cobden is in spectacular shape. First time out there, if you haven't been you need to what a course.

Thread Information