100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by homegrown
    I don't know about you, but every time I go to GT I get great service. Even when I show up on saturday or sunday and there seems to be hundreds of people in the store. Kudos to the big box store for given mom and pops service. Where else can you buy a 198$ TM driver, balls for 12 bucks, hit some balls on a simulator get great service and then get a lesson by a CPGA pro. What a place, the Ottawa golf equipment market has changed for the better since these guys have been around.

GOLF TOWN 4 LIFE
    Easy now!

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    I didn't post that whatsup questioned whether jarred worked at GT or not.
    I never said you did. I said the reason he questioned "it" (the post) wasn't because jarred said in another trhead that he didn't work at golftown, he didn't even know that.

"I think the a couple of the reason's whatsup questioned the story ... is that during the time you purchased the shoes Jarred himself said he did not work for GT."

as for everyone going to golftown and buying shoes from him... I told you, I only deal with frank! ahahah

OTTAWA 3-0 WOOOHOOOO

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    As well, it is quite a coincidence that both you and he would happen to be posting in this same thread and know each others screen name without previously discussing it.
    If you must know, and it seems that you must, when I went to check this thread this morning I found that I had a private message, from Jarred. He identified himself in that private message and thanked me for the post. From my original post, I guess he was bright enough to figure out who I was. So, from there, it was a pretty easy reach for even yours truly to associate Jarred's screen name with Jarred himself.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    hmmmm....something isn't quite right here....the post below is from Oct of last year, and 3jack claims he purchased his shoes at the BEGINNING of last year - when, according to your post, you did not work at GT.

starvingstudent
    2 Iron

im sorry If i offended you there buddy, i do not work at GT but shop there often enough to be on a first name basis with the guys... i did not mean to shut you down in anyway what so ever, i just felt like making a point that obviously they like GT better or they wouldnt have left a year ago, before they started closing them down... once again i apologies

Yeah Shivas i posted that because i didnt want anyone to know that i worked at golftown... ive been working there since the day we opened 2 years ago

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Hey Jarred, sorry about all this... why our character is being called into question is really quite hilarious on some level. I think.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Mike, Im sorry man.. its my fault as i wasnt telling the truth in previous threads when i said i didnt work at GT, as i didnt want anyone to know who I was, only some people on the site know who i am, guys that i wont mention names.. so its my fault... lay off 3Jack guys... i should have never posted anything here in the first place, stupid me. i learnt my lesson

PS. i dont have all the time to look at these boards, I do go to school and work, i do this in my free time for fun.............

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    In the end who cares about all this! Someone commented on the good service they received and that's that. So much drama!!

well apparently some people seem to care to know alot about me haha... i say that we just drop all of this.. and that subway joke. tres hilarious.. everyone gets one, u just used yours

"Richard"
    I'm still not buying shoes from you...

Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    I'm still not buying shoes from you...
    haha.. yeah ok depee... i knw you only buy stuff off frank, but dont make it seem like i dont know what I'm doing. after all i have been beeing trained by a padiatrist student for the last 2 years ive learnt a thing or two

"Richard"
    I know you know your ish Funny thing is, someone just came upto me and asked me if I wanted free orthodics. Its the same company that makes them for the leafs, raptors and blue jays. He said he gets 3 free pair every year and said he will give them to me if I tell him what foot problem I have and what my size is. Problem is, I don't have any foot problems but i want 3 pairs. what should I get? I'm coming to town on may 4th and going to ask J and F if they want to play a round with me, you wanna come? We can play canadian if you like.. I know you guys get a sweet hook up there

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I'll take a set 8.5, pronation.

"Richard"
    I'll see what I can do, what am I going to do with three anyway. He works there so will make them himself. I cant garantee anything but I will mention it to him for sure

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    haha...sweeet...can't believe that maybe worked.

Need a Caddy rgk5 is on a distinguished road rgk5's Avatar
    So why did you not order the "X"? Easy enough to do as you knew what you wanted.

ThoTho..
    Everyone needs some sort of orthodic or semi orthodic like we carry at the store. its just a matter of whether or not they know they need it... comeone by and we shall let you know what you need...

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starvingstudent
    well apparently some people seem to care to know alot about me haha... i say that we just drop all of this.. and that subway joke. tres hilarious.. everyone gets one, u just used yours
    SS/Jarred or what ever to hell else you want to call yourself!

You have my kudos fella.... I am in the Client Service business and that is exactly what I demand of all CS employees! to remember every detail about every transaction with everyone they serve. Now in my line, that is much easier done because it is internal to company staff but it is still across the country and many transactions a month.

You will do well my friend
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Thanks Indio!

ps. thotho depee, everyone needs orthodics of some kind, you just dont know it

"Richard"
    Ok I'll see you next weekend and we can figure it out... If you say who you are and if you actually work at golftown.. kidding see you in t-minus 10days

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Hey Jarred - a buddy of mine is looking for shoes - I told him you were pretty much famous in OG circles & he should speak to you if he wants to be treated right.
    Says he's heading over to GT friday night to p/u some Footjoy Contours - I told him to ask for you.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Tell him to go with the Ecco Hydromax Casual Cools... Orange like me!!!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I had the Contours and while they are a comfy shoe I wouldn't recommend them for anybody who walks/plays a lot of rounds. Mine started to fall apart at the end of the first season and half way thru the second they were toast. Sole cracked and coming apart from the shoe, all the fake carbon fibre looking stuff peeled off. When it comes to golf shoes, you should spend the extra dough if you are playing a lot.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny
    Tell him to go with the Ecco Hydromax Casual Cools... Orange like me!!!

Aren't those like $350 bucks? Spend the cash, but that's crazy!

They're 270 at GT. Bought mine at Edwin Watts for 150 US. Never had a more comfortable shoe, in any situation. And the orange is right up my alley. You remember what colour my car is, right? I love the orange!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    Aren't those like $350 bucks? Spend the cash, but that's crazy!

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Anytime I'm making a purchase, for golf shoes or anything else, I always buy the best that I can afford. Having said that, not everyone has $200-$300 to spend on shoes.
    Is there a better shoe than the Contour in the same price range?

I don't want to put GT down or anything, but have you thought about buying a premium shoe on ebay, that's last year's model?
    Type in "mens", your size, for example 10.5, and "golf" so "mens 10.5 golf". See what comes up, can't hurt.

thanks shivas.. im working friday night...

for $149 the contour is one of the better shoes out there, they sell themselves in a matter of speaking... there are other models at that price, being the Adidas Torsion euros available in all brown all black and a coffee brown. etonic has a great shoe called the stabilite blucher for $139 available in all balck or all brown (and in extra wides for some of you guys via special orders) other than that the $149 price range is pretty much taken...

there are steps up such as the Footjoy LT series at $189, running shoe fit, golf shoe look with alot more support than the contour, and better waterproofing too. theres the Adidas Tour Metals at the same price. calfskin leather really soft and breathable 2 year warranty. and the list goes on and on. best bet is to drop buy for a few minutes and see what style you like.. ie: look good feel good play good

Thread Information