CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    For all you bidders check this out. I am an avid Ebayer. My brother-in-law lives In Ithaca. I ship all my winnings at his address and pick them up every month or so. The best part is that I don’t pay customs. I buy everything on Ebay.

Bidding a few days before the end of the auction date is bound to jack the price for nothing. The trick is Auction Sniper. This is a very cool site. This site will bid on your item at the last second for you. No need to bid 4 days before or manually bid at the last second. You would not believe the deals I got doing this. And Dan is right. When an auction ends at 5AM it’s almost a sure cheap winning.

This is our little secret.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road
    Star Wars figures + firecracker = fun fun fun

Star Wars figures + 2006 = $$$
    Back at it.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    For all you bidders check this out. I am an avid Ebayer. My brother-in-law lives In Ithaca. I ship all my winnings at his address and pick them up every month or so. The best part is that I don’t pay customs. I buy everything on Ebay.

Bidding a few days before the end of the auction date is bound to jack the price for nothing. The trick is Auction Sniper. This is a very cool site. This site will bid on your item at the last second for you. No need to bid 4 days before or manually bid at the last second. You would not believe the deals I got doing this. And Dan is right. When an auction ends at 5AM it’s almost a sure cheap winning.

This is our little secret.

Mike
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

"Richard"
    guys, there is a site called www.auctionsniper.com

You sign up, go to "my snipes" and enter the item number and your MAX bid and then you wait. 5 seconds before the auction ends auction sniper places the bid for you and I've only lost 2 auctions since I've started doing this. I'm not counting the ones where the price was already over my max price. The reason bidding days before an auction isn't a good idea is because it does drive up the price of the item you are looking to buy. Lets say you are looking at a scotty cameron putter and you are willing to pay $200 for it. Well if you put $200 as your max bid right away, the next guy comes in and bids $50 and the price goes about $50. Next guy comes and bids $100 and the price goes to above $100 then that guy starts bumping his bid to get a feel for what your max is and ends up going upto $175 with 5 days still left. Now, had you not bid... thr price would be nowhere near as nigh since your $200 bid was the cause for the huge jumps in price. But the flip side is, had you not bid $200 the price would be really low, more peiople would be watching the item and more people would be bidding and the price still would have gone up...

auctionsniper.com is the best site ever. Check it out.

If you sign up you get 3 free snipes, check it out. They charge 1% of the total bid price after the 3 free ones. Great for auctions that end at 5am. If they ask who reffered you...

Depe150@hotmail.com

I get 3 free snipes for a refferal (but tahts not what I'm suggesting it.. it's a great service)

note: you only pay the 1% if you win the auction
    Last edited by "Richard"; 04-07-2006 at 12:09 PM.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Auction sniper.com is the service that I use and it's definitely worth the price, there's a 25 cent minimum charge for winnings under 25 dollars. Remember don't put in a bid on E'bay cause you don't want to show interest in an item. When going through auction sniper.com still add a little change to what you are willing to spend to make an odd amount such as 51.65 instead of 50.00. Also don't be in a rush to get an item unless it's quite rare, save the search on your E-bay summary page and bid kind of low on your snipes and see what it goes for then keep bidding less than that amount every time one of those items gets listed again. Remember there's one less person looking to buy that item cause someone just bought the one you lost out on. Another one will come up for a bid and you'll be the winner eventually. Also pay attention to the shipping charges cause some people will add on to that price to recoup some of the money that they will lose by selling on e-bay. Another thing is to open up a paypal account cause it really makes things easier in the long run and is quite safe. You will get your item much quicker going thru paypal than sending a payment thru the mail, you can also add as many credit cards on your paypay account as you need incase you don't have the money in your checking account at the time.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    All of the posts have been informational, but based on the origin of the thread it was the frustration at driving up prices.
    He is right, but on the other hand, like mentioned, sometimes you miss a deal.

I have forgotten to bid days later only to find only one person bid at low price.
    I have not put in a max bid thinking it would never go at stupid price but it did. It does jack the price, but if you don't want to fill out sniper forms and pay money sometimes you just want a in advance max bid. It works sometimes.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    [QUOTE=

I love the ones that end at 5:00 am and nobody else is bidding live.

.[/QUOTE]

On the other hand when I post something I'll try to post it like 8 o'clock(our time) to put all odds in my favour. I find it also easier to win bids between 5 and 6 pm.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

"Richard"
    As a seller the best thing to do is put it up for auction for 8pm est thusday and do a 10 day auction. That is the best way to get more traffic. You get 2 fridays, 2 saturdays and two sundays and your auction ends in "primetime" when a lot of bidders are out and lurking for a deal. Its sunday ,they are home

3 Wood milner_7 is on a distinguished road milner_7's Avatar
    this thread is a waste of good bandwith
    "Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals"
    HC-15.3 2009 Goal 10.0

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    To all you guys that have an Ebay account and like winning free stuff while participating in a hockey pool. Check this out:

http://forum.golfresource.net/showth...3151#post93151
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Thread Information