100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood milner_7 is on a distinguished road milner_7's Avatar

PGA Tour Partners Club

I was invited to join this today. Apparently you get to demo new clubs and equipment and get to keep it. All for the low price of 3 bucks a month. Hmm.....Yes yes I will join what the heck. You also get a magazine subscription and a free sleeve of Maxfi balls and 40 dollars towards green fee's.
    "Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals"
    HC-15.3 2009 Goal 10.0

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    What the heck, i got it out of nowhere today as well. I don't know why i got it at all. I'll keep the sticker, ball marker and notepad.

3 Wood milner_7 is on a distinguished road milner_7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    What the heck, i got it out of nowhere today as well. I don't know why i got it at all. I'll keep the sticker, ball marker and notepad.
    Not sure why I got it either but hey sounds good!!
    "Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals"
    HC-15.3 2009 Goal 10.0

Andru
    Funny thing was when I got it, I thought it was because I had signed up before. Did everyone get that invite?

I was a member for 2 years. The only thing I got to demo was a pack of maxfli noodle balls.

The magazine isn't bad. Not great, just ok. Sorry I recycled them or I would offer them to you guys.

And they kept sending me these freaking videos to buy. If you wanted it, pay. If not send it back. Annoying.

Honestly it's not as big a deal as it sounds. There are thousands of members signed up as demo testers. There's only a few products a month. Yeah a lucky 2 get to test drive the newest R7 but you'll likely get to demo the lastest scorecard marker.

Just some info. make you're own choice.

Cheers

Putter jwillisbarrie is on a distinguished road

I got one too 'Partners Club'

I got one of those 'PGA PArtners Club' in the mail Friday 3 March 2006.

I did sign up for free access to www.pgatour.com

Jim

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I was a member for two years, or even longer. The demo part is a bit misleading. They sent me a little insect repellant wipe to test. They send you little crap things to test, and if you submit a review to them, you go up a little notch. It would take several years of membership dues for you to ever demo anything good. The magazine is not bad though. I stopped my membership, didn't find it worth it.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Got one here too.

It might be from registring to a certain webpage.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar

Bit over stated value

Been a member for two years. Got my subscription from purchasing something and I did renew for a year. You should not count on the added value of the "testing" give-aways. You may get a sleeve of balls or some low dollar value gadget.
    The magazine has some interest for the PGA news and the "tips" if you like this type of material. The material is original, but the instructional part is very superficial... but rarely wrong.
    There are some activities for the club members, but nothing in Canada and therefore not much value if you live in Ottawa.
    The video mailing program is a nuisance. The instructional videos are much overpriced ($45.00 with shipping) and they are not much better than many of the old VHS in circulation. I keep returning them.
    I don't think I will renew unless I can see some real added value.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

9 Iron r2g2 is on a distinguished road

Talking Life Member

I was a regular member for a few years and then they offered "Life Memberships." I bought into with all their promises and free stuff, and discounts on purchases. I enjoy the magazine, but, as others have said, you don't seem to get any of the high end stuff to test (probably because it would cost them too much to ship to Canada).

The last thing I got was 'hot pockets'; little heat pads that you can place in your pockets to help keep your hands warm. It was nice that they sent them to me in July.

Anyhow, I'm a "Lifer" and for what you get, I'm enjoying it.
    [COLOR=Blue]Rob [/COLOR]

9 Iron left and gone is on a distinguished road
    First of all I must admit I too fell for the adverts and am a "lifer". Mag is not bad but that is about all you get. The interesting thing is that all the products that I have tested, have been the same ones mentioned in other posts. Typically get a product about every 18 months and the most valuable one I was ever sent was a 2 back of sample golf balls, Bridgestone if I rememeber. Not worth the lifer cost and by not getting it, you will also cut down the junk mail you receive.

Thread Information