The other day I hauled down my old laminated driver I have had for close to 20 years (unlike Geoff, who can't hold onto a club for 20 minutes , just kidding you Geoff )
This driver was made by SOLO, which was a Canadian company located out west somewhere years ago.
It is actually a copy of the original PING woods. I had the driver,3 & 5 woods, plus the irons, which also looked like Pings.
The irons orginally came from St Thomas Golf & Country Club, reason I know this fact is because on the back of each iron there was a little medallion glued to them, with the Union Logo on it.
The woods came from Tecumseh Golf, I assume that was located somewhere near Tecumseh, which is not far from Windsor Ontario.
The woods used to be painted black. I stripped off the old paint, and used a wood finish to redo the clubhead with.
I wish I still had all 3 of the woods. I remember the 5 wood was pretty big, damn near as big as the driver.
The irons, I know where they are, I sold them to a guy at work a few years ago. So I can always get them back if I want to.
These clubs were pretty damn solid, the irons were great,
I am going to put this wood in my bag for at least one round this summer, just for a laugh. I hope the head doesn't crack on the first tee shot No idea what the loft it, as it is not marked on the sole of the club.
The boys will get a chuckle when I pull the headcover off it!