100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road

A Couple of Question for Clublink Members

Thinking seriously about joining Greyhawk. I have never been there so hope you don't mind a couple of questions for those that are members:

1. How is the practice facility and the clubhouse.

2. Does the club have a website, all I can find is the clublink info and there is not a lot of detail there.

3. Are tee times tough to come by, I am an early morning player, at least on the weekends.

Any other thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    Thinking seriously about joining Greyhawk. I have never been there so hope you don't mind a couple of questions for those that are members:

1. How is the practice facility and the clubhouse.

2. Does the club have a website, all I can find is the clublink info and there is not a lot of detail there.

3. Are tee times tough to come by, I am an early morning player, at least on the weekends.

Any other thoughts/comments would be appreciated.
    Michael, to answer your questions, others will probably chip in...
    1. The practice facility is pretty good. Lots of room at the driving range, although I find they tend to overstay in one area longer than maybe they should. After a tournament goes through, or later on Men's day, finding some grass to hit off of can be a little challenging. The chipping area/sand bunker paractice area is good, and they have a good-sized putting green. As for the clubhouse, there are two separate buildings. One is more a dining/banquet hall, the other houses the Pro Shop, change rooms and a lounge/bar with 2 outdoor patios. The kitchen at the lounge is too small, so meals tend to be a bit slow coming out on busy days. I heard a rumour that they were going to expand the kitchen, but I haven't had any confirmation.
    2. There is no club website, this is something that is definately lacking, although when you are a member, there is a private members area off of the main Clublink site that has some more information in it. I personally think there should be a club website somewhere.
    3. We've never had much trouble getting tee times. You can book a week in advance, and you might have to get up early to make them, but there is generally room.
    I hope that helps. If you have any more questions, please ask. Another thing you can do, is take a tour/play a round once the season starts in a couple of months.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Colby,

Thanks for the assistance, overall it sounds like you are pleased with the facility and the course???

Are range privileges included with your membership or is there a separate payment necessary.

I really enjoy my membership and I'm using the ClubCorp portion of it to golf in San Antonio later this week. They have been working on the courses, and will most likely start working on the Clubhouse facilities in the next few years. I'm looking forward to the changes that will most likely start to take shape in the next few years.

The range facility is included in the price.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

What courses in San Antonio, I lived there for 3 years. Are you staying at a golf facility or just at a local hotel??? If it is your first trip, take in the riverwalk area, it is quite nice.

The course are Fair Oaks and Canyon Springs. I'm not sure where I'm staying, I'll find out later this week.
    Colby

8 Iron MrMulligan is on a distinguished road
    Don't forget one of the best parts of being a member at Greyhawk - it is a gold level golf course so you can golf at almost all other Clublink clubs without paying anything. Fountainbleau, Le Maitre, etc are top notch courses within an hour and a half drive. You can also play alot of courses in Toronto at no charge and Glen Abbey is only $50 to play.

The clubhouse is very lacking IMHO and like colby says they keep the range in the same spots too long. It is nice though to be able to use the practice facility for as long as you want. And having two courses in one location means that you can always get a tee-off within an hour of your preferred tee-off time.

My major complaints have to do with the marshalling of the course but I'm sure that this is the same complaint for most courses. It seems like the marshalls think their golf cart is for practising for the indy golf cart 500 - they just zoom around waving goofily all the time - no desire to move people along.

You can also play local courses at Kanata and Haute Plaines whenever you like although Haute Plaines is pretty much a Mickey Mouse course and isn't much fun to play after the first couple of times...

I would certainly recommend the membership at Greyhawk - the courses are challenging and very different, the staff is great and the conditions are excellent...

Gap Wedge golfgearguy is on a distinguished road
    I think Clublink's terrific. If you like to play different tracks, and can travel to Toronto, Muskokas or Montreal, you couldn't ask for anything more. Greyhawk's 2 courses are good and great...and the range is one of the best in Ottawa. The Toronto Board of Trade ...ahem... The Country Club, is amazing and another mysterious course has been acquired recently in Toronto.

Thread Information