100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    One last thing about the game last night is this; I thought Malkin, who had a terrible game, was a class act at the end of the game when you took off his helmet, got his award and gave the crowd a big wave. In his interviews he didn't say one bad thing about Canada and didn't use the non-goal as an excuse, can't wait to see this kid beside Crosby next year! I did however think that the fans were tacky when they booed some of the Russians when they were getting their medals. When the game is on, its all out war but at the end of the day they are just kids and should be given their proper respects for the efforts. I wonder if all the trash talk Russia was doing before the game had anything to do wit hit?

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Actually I didn’t here the fans booing the Russians during the medal distribution. Shame on them if they did.

I did feel that Malkin was a class act. He did not loose it during the game while being harassed. He also showed his appreciation to the fans when receiving the awards. A lot more class the Ovechkin in my book. The goalie was a hot head too.

Oh well, some American players said it best before the tourney began; Team Canada is NEVER an underdog….

I think the reason why we won and have the best winning record is that Canada and the Russians have the best hockey programs in the world. No one can dispute that. The difference between the two is that Canada plays hockey as a team. The Russians are very skilful but don’t play as one.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Thread Information