100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shipping Prices

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    i know exactly what kind of guy you are.
    Using your chronically flawed logic that would mean I also know what kind of guy you are, and everyone else you posts one this board?
    For the benefit of all, especially yourself - get a clue.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Blah Blah Blah, i don't think our conversation is getting either of us anywhere Shivas, let's just let it go. Let's have an online handshake and agree to disagree.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Let's tone it down guys and get back to shipping talk. If this keeps up Mr. Kilbank will close this thread when he sees it. Does anyone have documented proof to back up their claims? Would be curious to see just how shipping costs differ between the average joe and a company that does high volume shipping. Wonder just how much of a difference there is?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Consider it toned!

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Blah Blah Blah, i don't think our conversation is getting either of us anywhere Shivas, let's just let it go. Let's have an online handshake and agree to disagree.
    Agreed to agree to disagree.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    That's more like it.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Shivas Irons][quote=John]"Sorry, but I know exactly what I am talking about. I ran the merchandise catalogue division for one of the largest magazines in the country."

So both you and elTigre ran the merchandise division for one of the largest magazines in the country? Right.

And Reid - you're now an expert on freight forwarding? That's handy to know, but none of you understand how freight charges are calculated or charged.
    Thanks for your contribution Shivas. having shipped literally hundreds of clubs all across the country in the past 10 years I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree too.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    Does anyone have documented proof to back up their claims?
    You can figure it out on the Canada Post website here:

http://www.canadapost.ca/business/to...n/rc_bus-e.asp

The cost to shipment a golf club (1 kg weight, 125cm x 12cm x 12 cm dimensions) via Canada Post regular parcel from my office to Iqaluit is $34.06. The cost to ship the same to my house is $15.32.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    Would be curious to see just how shipping costs differ between the average joe and a company that does high volume shipping. Wonder just how much of a difference there is?
    Through Canada Post it is not much - in the neighborhood of 10% if I remember correctly. Courier companies can do higher discounts, but their distribution network (and pricing) is not nearly as good in rural areas. So it often comes down to where your customers are. Many high volume shippers use both Canada Post and UPS/Fedex/CanPar.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Thank God Shivas is here to explain all this to us poor unwashed laymen....
    Now where is that 'Ignore' button....
    Last edited by 1972Apex; 10-05-2005 at 11:48 AM.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    And Reid - you're now an expert on freight forwarding? That's handy to know, but none of you understand how freight charges are calculated or charged.
    Gee, as a guy who managed multi-million dollar postal accounts with Canada Post and who decided how much to charge our mail-order catalogue customers for shipping, I think I picked up a thing or two on the subject.

...and anyone who has shipped more than a handful of parcels knows that they will be charged more for a package going to Iqaluit than to the same city. Whether the additional amount the freight company charges them is enough to cover the additional costs the freight company bears to deliver it is irrelevant to just about everyone except the owner of the freight company!
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    ... they will be charged more for a package going to Iqaluit than to the same city.
    Sure, but no matter how you want to spin it you are subsidizing the guy getting goods shipped to Iqaulit. That is a fact.

Thread Information