CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    It looks like Mario won't be on the same line as Crosby. Crosby is slated to play with Recchi and LeClair. I guess that the only way that Mario can get 71 points (or whatever) is by playing on the second AND third line!!
    Lemieux said yesterday that him, Sid and Marc should be the first line.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Crosby is not "slated" to play on a line with Recchi and LeClair, he simply played with them in scrimmage. I think they will be trying several line combos until they find the right combo for him and the team.

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    Crosby is not "slated" to play on a line with Recchi and LeClair, he simply played with them in scrimmage. I think they will be trying several line combos until they find the right combo for him and the team.
    I know that he played on that line during scrimmage and he will likely do the same for the first two pre-season games (Mario won't be playing anyways). I used the word "slated" because that is the word Mario used during an interview I heard yesterday when he was asked about playing with Crosby. He also said that they will end up on the same line at some point....

take it for what it's worth.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    oh, i didn't know that mario said that, i thought you were just guessing this would happen based on them playing together in scrimmage.

My mistake

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    You'll see all sorts of combinations, although for sure you can bet that Mario, Crosby and Palffy will play a powerplay configuration to start the season.

To me, loading up your top line doesn't work for teams like Pittsburgh, because the opposition only has one line to shut down. Colorado employed the strategy of putting Forsberg and Sakic on different lines, except on the PP. Mind you they were (and still are) a better team from top to bottom...

Who knows how this team will fare in the new NHL. They have point production potential, but nothing on the back end... Gonchar is not a defenceman, he's a stay-back forward really. Who is going to stop the other team?

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Thread Information