CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar

Bridgestone Tour B330

Has anyone played the Bridgestone Tour B330. IT has been gettin rave reviews not to mention rated better than the ProV1. I play the ProV1, but am tempted to switch. A friend of mine plays only the V1x and said these balls are beutiful.

I am curious if anyone else has tried them.

How much are they?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I think they go for around $49+taxes. I've played two of these this year and am not very fond of them. Didn't find it any longer than any other ball I've played. I didn't find the ball had adequate spin for my game, by no means do I suck it back but I can usually hold greens, but these just ran out on me. A friend of mine has played them and likes them alot, but just not a ball for me.

I really like the Strata Tour Ace. Went into Nevada's trying to get another dozen at $39 but sadly they were sold out. Also the Top-Flite Strata TL-Tour is a really nice ball. Like these two alot.

Finally got a dozen U-tri Tours and am not impressed. Not what I thought they would be. Still have three sleeves available for trade for some high end balls if anyone is interested.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    A buddy of mine plays with ProV1x and tried the B330's...he lost distance and found them feeling a bit hard.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I've played the B330 and liked the distance but it didn't spin quite like the ProV1. It also scuffed up very easy so wouldn't last more than a round. The new B330S is very comparable to the ProV1 and is very durable. Was well into my 4th round with one before it finally found the pond. Has good spin and distance. Also really like the UTri Tour by Precept. Lots of good balls out there and it's just whatever you like and want to spend on balls. I get less than a round out of a cheaper ball so having one that will last 3 or 4 rounds is much more economical unless you're losing many a round.

Geoff, thought you might like to know this. I too like the tour ace. You can get them at Sears(well last year) for 19.99 for two dozen. The have print imperfections and that is all. I bought 3 boxes of them. All they have is hearts and aces, but that is good for me. It may be worth further investigation. Check it out!!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Thanks for the heads up beefstuf. Ignore the PM I sent you, I hadn't seen your post yet. Maybe this weekend I'll slip into a Sears to check it out.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I think it depends on what kind of a player you are. I loved playing the Pro V1 Star this whole year. Found a B330 in the rough gave it a go and in my humble opinion it blows the ProV out of the water. Yes it feels a bit firmer and gives more of a click off the clubface but the thing spins like a Son of a Bi**H and easily is the longer ball of the two. I found it flew straighter on my bad shots and was incredibly long off the face of the driver. You can also get them for 19.99 U.S.$ A grade off of LostGolfBalls.com. They look and play brand new. Easily my fav ball out of Pro V, Srixon Z-Ur, Callaway HX Tour and Nike One, although i haven't tried the Platinum. Just my two cents.

The platinum is a really nice ball. It went longer and had a mid spin rate. The ProV1 spins a bit too much for me, but the platinum is a nice sub. I love Nike stuff though.

Thread Information