CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Monarch is on a distinguished road

Looking for golf friends

Hey everyone,

I usually play alone by preference, I HATE being paired up with strangers because I'm introverted but lately have been wanting to play with a group of friends.

The problem is none of my circle of friends like playing golf and the best I can do is drag my wife out to sit in the cart to keep me company.

I realize the irony of hating to be paired up with strangers but asking strangers to golf with me but at least you would only be a stranger once haha. I'm hoping this would turn into a regular thing.

I'm 33, pretty much a nerd, autistic, been playing for 16 years but probably an outrageously high handicapper. I live in Wendover so obviously prefer playing in the East end but definitely willing to travel to the rest of Ottawa. Anyone interested?

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Like you, few of my circle of friends play golf and I often play alone (though not necessarily by preference). I don't have a problem being paired up with strangers, although it can be hit-or-miss whether they make my round more enjoyable or not.

My best advice for you is to join a golf club or a golf league. Of course there is a financial component to that decision and only you can determine if it is worth the cost, but you will certainly meet new people with a shared passion for golf. Joining a club or league means you will have multiple opportunities to play with the same group of people and make new friends. Golf clubs in your area include Nation, Rockland, Bearbrook, Hammond and Casselview that will offer a variety of prices, playing conditions and membership options - I'm sure you are familiar with some of them already. A more affordable option with some variety might also be Executive Golf and their Club EG option.

I'm a member of Metcalfe Golf Club - which would also be a good choice except that it is almost an hour away from you. I've been a member there for over 15 years and met a lot of great people. If you want to get together for a round sometime, shoot me an PM and I will set something up.

Thread Information