CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Best club fitter

So i have been out of the loop as far as club fitters for many years. Who is one of the best in Ottawa right now? Besides hitting the gym and working on my swing, would a good set of matched shafts help me to launch the ball higher and farther (senior player here 71 years young) ? I'm not expecting any miracles but it would be nice to hear from a few of you on what your personal experiences have been.
    Thanks

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Let me save you some dough.
    Krank fire driver xx 12 degrees
    7 and or 9 wood
    Launch pad irons in graphite senior flex
    You’re set😊
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Let me save you some dough.
    Krank fire driver xx 12 degrees
    7 and or 9 wood
    Launch pad irons in graphite senior flex
    You’re set😊
    Merci André. I have a Cleveland 12 deg. Hi Bore driver senior flex and a TM 7 wood so it's a start. Probably gonna have to have you change the shafts in my Pings.....again LOL.

Gap Wedge The Enigma is on a distinguished road
    I compared a fitting I got 20+ years ago at a certain Kanata driving range... and one a year ago at TaylorMade HQ Canada...

I found "No differences!!"

After cleaning up my swing technic... Lie adjustments were the final step to straight shots...

Hybrid john8888 is on a distinguished road
    Ping iron heads are heavy compared to other brands. You may want to try Ping Alta graphite shafts. They are much lighter and launch the ball higher. They are counterbalanced so the feel of the club will not change too much with the much lighter shafts. Try them at a Ping Fitting day or at golftec etc

Thanks John 8888. I might get just one club reshafted and try it out to see if there will be a big difference before spending too much on an expirement.

Gap Wedge GolfLogics is on a distinguished road GolfLogics's Avatar
    How do you figure a Ping head is heavier then any other manufacturer? If so how would you swing weight the club correctly on a 14" fulcrum?

There are lots of aftermarket shafts out there that outshine the manufactures retail line.

I stock a full line of shafts and have access to all the top manufactures shaft lines.

If you need help with figuring out what will work in your Ping irons drop by my repair facility on Wellington Street West
    GOLF LOGIC'S GOLF CLUB REPAIR CENTRE
    OTTAWA'S LOGICAL GOLF CLUB REPAIR CHOICE

Quote Originally Posted by GolfLogics View Post
    How do you figure a Ping head is heavier then any other manufacturer? If so how would you swing weight the club correctly on a 14" fulcrum?

There are lots of aftermarket shafts out there that outshine the manufactures retail line.

I stock a full line of shafts and have access to all the top manufactures shaft lines.

If you need help with figuring out what will work in your Ping irons drop by my repair facility on Wellington Street West
    Thank you. I might just do that.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

I was wondering about that statement so 2 comments. ( heavier heads Ping)
    Probably got that from youtube
    Ping can accomplish pretty much what they want with their weight port and counterbalanced shafts. Take a look at the following at the 12:44 mark
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svMXvDLmeAQ
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    I was wondering about that statement so 2 comments. ( heavier heads Ping)
    Probably got that from youtube
    Ping can accomplish pretty much what they want with their weight port and counterbalanced shafts. Take a look at the following at the 12:44 mark
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svMXvDLmeAQ
    wow

what a great video

thank you for posting

So true

i was suggesting that Marcos may want to try a few Ping demo clubs with different shafts before re shafiting.

It can be good to try your existing club vs the new one on a launch monitor and see if there is any difference in distance, height, spin, dispersion etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by john8888 View Post
    So true

i was suggesting that Marcos may want to try a few Ping demo clubs with different shafts before re shafiting.

It can be good to try your existing club vs the new one on a launch monitor and see if there is any difference in distance, height, spin, dispersion etc.?
    I actually am looking into a Ping fitting as my home course is a Ping dealer so it makes total sense.Thanks

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Now your talking Marcos, go for it, PING is it
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information