100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge jleger is on a distinguished road jleger's Avatar

Question end of season treat (in Ottawa area)

hey guys, looking to play somewhere "special" this weekend. Over the last few years I have indulged in The Marshes, Smugglers Glen, Equinelle, Outaouis, le Sorcier and am looking to keep the drive alive with somewhere special to close out the season (although, I do hope the snow doesnt fly too soon so I can squeeze in a few rounds after this one). I am looking for some recommendations on where to play that I have never played before. As it stands I am leaning towards Loch March but I have also pondered Stonebridge.

Can anyone provide me with some info on which course I should choose and why? I am open to other options, but I am looking to stay in the city, and of course it goes without saying, only looking to play courses I can get on as a non member

thanks ahead.

3 Iron meekagolf is on a distinguished road meekagolf's Avatar
    have you ever played the Creek (Eagle Creek) in Dunrobin. very nice conditions..my personal fave...target golf..very nice greens..
    if you have not played this course..i strongly recommend ..cheers

Don't I need to be a clublink member to get a tee time / play there? because I am not one.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jleger View Post
    Don't I need to be a clublink member to get a tee time / play there? because I am not one.
    yes you do.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    If you indulged in smugglers, you might want to think about a course in Tremblant, (Le Diable..etc..) would be awesome in the fall with the colors.....

played them both and am looking to stay in the city (well I wouldn't mind going away but the wife has declined that option) hahaha

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    I personally prefer Loch March over Stonebridge. Cedarhill in Barrhaven is a nice track.

Solid. (Played Cedarhill a couple weeks back and yes it is a very nice track)

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    You might consider it too far out of the city, but Montebello is worth considering.

I have played there as well and it was nice, but am really trying to get out on a new track. Thanks for the reply though!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    The weekend wether forecast looks gorgeous. If you're willing to drive, I'd recommend Renfrew, Whitetail or Oaks of Cobden up the Valley. Your fuel cost is offset by the reduced green fee. Renfrew is a spectacular layout, fall colours are appearing, and my personal favourite.
    Andrew

Played Renfrew and Oaks in July and loved both of them. Got onto Whitetail last summer and it was also enjoyable. Thanks for the suggestions. The prices up there are certainly incredible.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Well, you get around Mr. Leger! Based on layout, Loch March would be my choice, but I believe Stonebridge is in possibly better condition this season... in either case, that is a nice decision to have to make. I read on local stuff that Mont Ste Marie is in good shape, and with the weather, it boasts some impressive scenery at a bargain price, worth trying if you've never been. Also, the new 105 highway makes it a bit closer from Ottawa.

I got to play Rivermead for the 1st time last week, and I was thoroughly impressed. Private, though.

We are really blessed in this region with so many affordable courses in the area, all golfers need to get out and enjoy some golf this weekend.
    Andrew

Haha yeah I hear that a lot, but we are lucky to have a lot of great courses in this area and I really love the opportunity to play something new when I can. I have not played Ste Marie though! but I think for this weekend I will stick around the city.

I have heard great things about Rivermead (and like was mentioned earlier by someone else, Eagle Creek) but at the moment I do not have any contacts who are members there. One day maybe Ill cross paths with someone who doesnt mind a guy who never hits driver in his group hahaha.

Thanks for the info, I think Loch March is reeling me in.

Gap Wedge Stonebridge is on a distinguished road Stonebridge's Avatar
    The specials page on our website has quite a few deals for the remainder of September if you have a look. We'll also be starting our fall rates on October 1st.

They're calling for beautiful weather this weekend and our greens are in absolutely perfect shape at the moment.

We also won't be punching our greens until after we close for the season, so everyone can enjoy a perfect putting surface this fall.

Why are we a great destination for fall golf? Little to no leaves! Our links style course doesn't have many trees on it, so leaves are never an issue at our course. Hope to see everyone out this fall
    Web: www.stonebridgegc.com Twitter: @StonebridgeClub Facebook: www.facebook.com/StonebridgeClub

nice advertising. The specials you mention are for late afternoon and of no interest to me. I rather pay a bit more to play prime time. Thanks for posting that advertising on my question though.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Testy!!

I didn't know a question asked to a social forum would result in guerrilla marketing.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I don't know if i'd define that as guerrilla marketing, Stonebridge is a regular contributor to the forum and is just keeping people up to date on the conditions of the course, that of course is my opinion!

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jleger View Post
    I didn't know a question asked to a social forum would result in guerrilla marketing.
    Are you serious? If so, please step away slowly from the keyboard, go outside and get some fresh air.

Loch March was an incredible treat without a doubt on Sunday. Perfect day for golf and it was a top class facility. Will return 100%. Thank you to those who provided legitimate feedback in regards to my question.

Thread Information