100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trackman Indoor

Hybrid View

Putter OSpice is on a distinguished road
    OSpice where are you at in your decision making? Please let me know if there is any testing I can do that might help.[/QUOTE]

Dax,

Honestly, I was ready to purchase a while back. Then I found this forum. Was just thinking of using the TM for practice, but the draw of the simulation sucked me in. Originally the radar that I was looking at only trackable distance of about 30 yards(before the III) came out. Now I am waiting for the software side of things to catch up. I am also very interested in E6II, and was hoping it would have been released last year. Perfect parallel also looks very tempting and may be gaining some momentum based on their website.

Can you run a few tests for me? The mat I have made has become a hybrid. Originally it was a true strike mat. I just wasn't happy hitting irons off of it. Striking it was fine, but I just hated having to readjust the hitting zone after each hit. The ball would never sit where I wanted it to unless I tapped the hitting surface flat after each hit. Anyway, I cut out the insert and made the "hole" a litter bigger and added a real feel mat and then added a few fiber built inserts as well. The end result is a hitting zone 17 inches wide and about 2 feet (tee to net) long. Can you try moving the ball around within these dimensions to see if the radar will pick up both club and ball.

Also, can you see what the real minimum chip that the radar can pick up. TM states chips as low as 6 feet, but It wasn't specified if it was for indoor mode, outdoor mode, or both.

Thanks in advance

OSPice
    Last edited by OSpice; 05-01-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Thread Information