CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1152
    5 Wood golferinmd is on a distinguished road
    Can anyone share the tuning software that Kball mentioned in previous posts? It is for calibration for the GC2. Is it still needed after updates? I seem to be pulling to the left more than usual...

Thanks!

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Golferinmd - I just replied to your PM.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Back to the flash question. It seems like the flash will flash 12 times for every swing or putt. I did 5 swings and the number on the flash went up by 60. My flash is saying it's used about 78000 flashes and is at 99%. The specs say you should get 30,000 - 40,000 shots or hits from a flash. So this would put the flashes counter at 150,000 for the low end. I am wondering why mine is showing 99% for the 78,000 flashes it has used.

Another note that there is a new firmware update for the GC2 3.5.1.0
    Any idea on what is supposed to have changed. All things are still working as they did before.

It would be nice to see what the changes are for the firmware update.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Bet it is to lock out Protee 2

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Bet it is to lock out Protee 2
    Wrong as usual.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Lovely personal attack Z. Can you explain how I am usually wrong. And if it was wrong to assume that the only thing FS would move fast on is to protect their income as we all know they like. And explain what the firmware changes were........

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    I would also like to know what these firmware changes cover.

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    I would also like to know what these firmware changes cover.
    I would also like to know what changes in these updates.....I have asked them in the past for release notes and they wouldn't give it out.

I have also been running 3.5.1.0 for a few days and don't notice anything different.

I installed 3.5.1.0 and things are running well. I am more accurate but I think it is my swing is better!

I still would like to see release notes. We paid a ton for this system and often even freeware gives release notes...just saying. For the $$ we should get that type of support

OK back to the question on the flash. How about this one?

What does your GC2 say for flashes used. If you are not sure how to view this, when the unit is on, hit the left button to get to a menu and scroll down to "about" and then hit ok. This should tell you the version and info on the flash used with a %.

So mine is at around 78000 and at 99%. Just trying to get a drift of what others have and what % is showing.

Again if they say you can get 30,000 to 40,000 hits off a flash and each hit uses 12 flashes one should get over 150,000 actual flashes. Trying to figure if mine is almost done or only half way.

Thanks.

Sand Wedge hobokengolf is on a distinguished road

flash counter

Are you sure that it's flashing 12 times per shot?

Could it be that the last digit on the flash counter is something else (like a checksum digit)?

I have looked at the number before hitting and taken 5 putts, and looked at it again, and it went up by 60 on the flash count. I wondered if putting used more flash but on 5 regular hits, the counter went up be 60 as well.

I guess I am just looking for someone with a GC2 to look at the flash count and % used and just post those numbers so we can compare.

That is all I am looking for.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Interesting - I can't even find a flash count on mine.

On the GC2 unit itself, by the power button, the next one "<<" is the menu button. This lets you change MPH to KPH, even back spin and side spin numbers to total spin etc. By using the arrow up or down keys scroll down to the "About". Once there hit the "OK" button.

This will tell all the info with firmware version and lower down is the flash and % used. You don't need anything else turned on, just the GC2 to get this info.

Thanks again for any input.

Sand Wedge hobokengolf is on a distinguished road
    Mine says 39393 59.

I take that to mean approximately 3939 shots hit. I don't think the last 3 means anything - maybe its a checksum digit.

The 59 is how many 'missed shots' - not the percentage of flash use.

Quote Originally Posted by SFR View Post
    I have looked at the number before hitting and taken 5 putts, and looked at it again, and it went up by 60 on the flash count. I wondered if putting used more flash but on 5 regular hits, the counter went up be 60 as well.

I guess I am just looking for someone with a GC2 to look at the flash count and % used and just post those numbers so we can compare.

That is all I am looking for.

I still think it is the flash count. You know the flash has to take several pictures of the ball in order to see the spin and LA etc. and calculate flight. So I don't think that is a hit counter and since mine has hit 99% it has not gone higher so that 2nd number can't be missed shots. Mine has also only said the "I did not see the shot" or whatever is says, only a hand full of times since I had been watching the numbers and at that time the % (that I think it is) was at 77. So mine has not missed 22 shots.

If you look at that number as a hit number then it should go up by 10 after 10 hits. Try it and see what it was before and after 10 hits. I would think it would go up by 120.

Your number helps though as it is close to what mine would be in regards to flashes and % used. Thankyou for posting your numbers.

One other bit of info that would help would be how long you have been using it, as long as it was new to you and not used like mine.

I am having trouble having my GC2 with sound (yes hit the button). My << button doesn't seem to work. I can only hit the balls. Is there a reset button I can hit? It seems like it is on lock screen...any ideas?
    Thanks!

That might be one to ask Foresight. I have once seen a message when I went to power it down and I must have held the button a bit longer as there was a warning message not to hold the button down. Not sure what that would do now.

I found out that the flash numbers are exactly what I had thought and the 2nd number is the % used. We'll see now how much longer mine lasts.

Putter rhanna is on a distinguished road
    Hello all. I upgraded to the latest 3.5.1.0 of the GC2 firmware. Since then I have had issues using the simulation software, specifically it is picking up shots (usually putts) that are not actually taking place. It will flash the ball speed and distance on the screen (0 mph, 0 distance) and then will re-draw the screen.

In some cases, i can then hit the shot or putt, in other cases it sort of loops continually seeing shots that aren't being taken. Note that it appears to only do this when i use the USB cable to connect to the PC. It does not do it with bluetooth, but i noticed that when using bluetooth that the distance reading are way off on occasion (30 yards on a drive) vs. what is on the GC2 display.

I just checked the foresight sports site and they have a new upgrade for 3.5.1.1? I thought the latest was 3.5.1.0?

My bad. It is 3.5.1.1 that I installed and am having problems with.

Does anyone else have vertical lines on their GC2 when they power on? Maybe it was the update? I emailed foresight sport and waiting an answer

I figured it out. My brightness and audio buttons were stuck. Foresight tech support was very helpful. The new 3.5.1.1 fixes some bugs so I am going to give it a try. I hope I helped some folks with the vertical lines on bootup (stuck button)

Just an update. Foresight was able to replicate the phantom shot issue I posted above on firmware version 3.5.1.1. Went back to 3.5.1.0 and the issue went away.

8 Iron col forbin is on a distinguished road
    Colin at Foresight was very helpful when I talked to him yesterday. He was aware of the phantom issue and sent me both the 3.5.1.0 and 3.3.0.0 firmware versions, and I am glad you have confirmed that the 3.5.1.0 version works well. I was wondering why after 4 holes I was already +10. It was resetting the shot screen during chips. I'm bad, but I didn't think I was 10 over going into hole 4.

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    So is it safe to assume that we can downgrade firmware on the GC2?

Colin is very helpful. I have been talking to him and he responds quickly. I think he will be sending the older firmware to me today.

bk1106
    I did not see a flash count on my About page. I have ver 3.7.0.0.

Thread Information