100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road

Indoor Putting Systems / Surfaces

Does anyone have any experience with these indoor putting systems?

I'm hoping to have the area between the stance mat and impact screen setup for putting practice, or if that's not realistic, at least have a high quality putting surface for winter practice. My main goal having a realistic enough putting surface that it can be used for game improvement.

Any suggestions / recommendations are welcome!

I have no first hand experience with any of these, so the only information I've found has been online.
    Pro Putt Systems
    http://golf-newz.com/indoor-putting-greens
    http://proputtsystems.com/best-indoor-putting-greens

BentGreen
    http://www.customdesigngolf.com/bent...nal_greens.htm

TourLinks
    http://www.tourlinks.net/store/

ExtremeGreen
    http://www.sportsentertainmentspecia...een/index.html

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    I've seen some of them and the Mirage turf looked the best - the ProPutt might be the way to go. You could also just do cheap low-pile carpet - the speed at the course varies from day to day anyway so the exact stimp probably doesn't matter too much.

Thank HRS, I do like the way the ProPutt system assembles and the fact they have a 10 year warranty (and an established track record). Fairly spendy, but maybe not so much in the long run, when figuring the square footage and the subsystem that comes with it. I may even decide to use something less expensive in between the stance mat and impact screen, and install a ProPutt system in the other half of the building.

Putter tommyo62 is on a distinguished road
    I found a used Tour Links system (looks very similar to the ProPutt) on Ebay a few years ago and have been very happy with it. It assembled in no time and has stood up to the weather very well. I would think it would last forever indoors.

Thanks tommyo62! I appreciate your response!

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    For a lot less money, there are the birdie ball greens:

http://www.birdieball.com/scripts/pr...?idproduct=270

Not as thick, but I don't know the your criteria for choosing.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    I have a birdie ball green. Its light, and easy to store. Pretty good roll, but needs to be on hardwood, and not carpet. Can't beat it for the price. Got 18' and 3 cups, and based on the slope of the basement, I can get straight, left or right breaking putts, uphill and downhill. I definitely have improved my putting with a focus on impact and keeping my eyes on a specific point on the golf ball. it cost me around $100. Not the same quality as the 1000+ greens, but I also don't need it to be perfect to practice putting in the basement.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    atomic,

What is the problem with the birdie ball green on carpet? My golf room has carpet.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    i have 4 greens in my basement - some are long lags, adjusteable sideways and adjusteable straight up/down, etc. i have one very good quality surface that is professionally installed. its a very good green that receives chips and small pitches very nicely for indoors with nice fringe for chipping from. My only complaint outside of the expense is it stimps slow at a 9.5 slight up / 10.0 slight down but looking at adding sand fill to speed it up (more expense). Our course is usually at least an 11 unless its unusually hot and in the afternoon after growth.

i purchased several large birdie ball greens since they are cheap and looking at functional inexpensive options for different greens. on the surface its attractive with the perception of getting different greens speeds. i have mine on plywood and agree it needs to be on a firm flat surface (carpet / cement floor) not carpet because when you step on it you will put a crater through it on a carpet.

my one complaint with this product is that the stimp speeds are not that accurate. mind you i am anal retentive with my golf and if i want a 11.0 stimp i am not happy with a 10.0 or 12.0 so they are probably not targeting me as the average consumer. plus not every consumer will have a stimpmeter laying around. my birdie ball greens stimp like a 13 which when you add 1, 2, or forget about it 3 degrees of slope its harder than oakmont or augusta. on a serious note i don't mind hard i am just trying to match stimp speeds close enough on different greens (birdie greens i have can also differ from each other). main goal is to match stimp speeds to what we are used to playing on. advantage clearly is the price - very hard to beat for the size you can get outside of carpet.

if you are just looking for a cheap product to practice on and don't care if its a 9 versus 10 versus 11 then its a good product for you.

if you need to match the stimp speed to a particular number then the other route with quality surfaces that can accept sand fill are a good route but expensive. You can keep adding sand fill until you get to the speed you want.

Thanks again to everyone for their input. I've been offline for the past week and am just now getting caught up!

I'd like to thank everyone for their responses here, I hadn't heard of the Birdieball greens before and at the price for their greens it just makes sense for me to get one of these before I splurge on something more costly. The greens in my area vary a LOT, so my main interest is building consistency in my stroke and it seems like the Birdieball greens can certainly do that!

Thread Information