CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Andisblue
    I don't own a GC2 and have never used the software (future owner if all goes well), so pardon if these features are already available.

-Support for curved displays (requires FOV adjustment, at least) [Foresight confirmed this was coming in the next version]
    -Keep making the graphics better (more efficient, if not more detailed)! (DX11 tesselated water, super hi-res textures, swaying vegetation)
    -Online play, or at least playing against another users saved game would be great (cliche suggestion, i know)

Maybe allow the tee-off shot be a photograph, and use renders after the fact (when camera moves). If some sort of blending or color adjustment was done so that the photograph resembled the coloring of the renders, a smooth transition could be made. Wild suggestion.

OOHH! This just in.. this would be so cool, and observers would love it. Create a 'fake' slow-mo video of the club face hitting the ball, like you've seen in videos before. Have the ball compressing and launching off a club face. Much detail could be placed on the ball and club head since they are the only items rendered in this scene. The ball should compress, spin and launch according to the measurements. Possibly show measurements on the screen stylisticly as the ball is launching. This would probably get annoying on everyshot, but it'd be nice on tees. "SUPER SHOT" . Serious, if someone saw that from a distance at a simulator, they'd be like... wow, it knows!
    Last edited by Andisblue; 03-04-2012 at 10:19 AM.

Sand Wedge geier is on a distinguished road
    Here are some more wishes:

- Fix the bluetooth, then I can get rid of the USB cable
    - Automatically save all shot stats per player and per round. This was my friends' top request.
    - More sound effects - like Feherty on the XBox game, bigger applause for really good shots, boohs for bad ones
    - More visual stuff to make it fun - Ex-presidents applauding greenside, cheer leaders, some annoying guy yelling "YOU DA MAN" if you get the ball airborn off the tee ...
    - Blimp camera for replay

I think it has online play. I have no interest in it, so I have not really tried to go into that menu.

Sand Wedge geier is on a distinguished road
    One more: Hire Peter Kostis to give you a cliche "Konica-Minolta Bizhub Swing Vision Camera" analysis - commenting on your beautiful position at the top, and how your right side generates that tremendous lag and power.

Andisblue
    Make the courses several orders of magnitude less, to be relevant to other software prices.

I'd like to see actual grass on the course, not just flat textures. Even dancin dog has that

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    anyone find a shortcut for adjusting the green distance on the range besides right mouse click?

we use the range like 98% of the time. i like to constantly adjust the green target to different yardages for my daugther. i have a touch screen with the computer in a different room.

i have a bluetoothe mouse setup to use to adjust the green using the right mouse click. can't seem to get the right mouse click working on the touch screen in the sim software though it works in windows by holding down my finger. its a pain to get exact yardages all the time due to sensitivity in adjusting the yardages.

if anyone knows of a shortcut or an easier way of doing this please let me know. thanks.

it seems like it would be easy to click on a menu to numbers appear to easily click on the exact yardage by the yard that you want.

Andisblue
    If you press I to view the latest shot info, You should be able to press I again to dismiss it, not grab the mouse.

By that example, other common-sense UI adjustments should be made.

I shouldn't have to wait for my shot to completly settle to hit another ball on the range. I'd like to know the incline of the lie I am on, in case I want to simulate that.

Those are super easy adjustments to make as a software dev.

Thread Information