100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Any more?

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Anybody with GSA courses want to try this? No matter what hardware you have, as long as you have GSA, lets give this a try and see what works. I'm available today up until midnight central.

rdh, bubba22, mmlincoln, dvhs?

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    send me a Msg in skype. will b ready in an hour. i dont see how this is possible w/o server side support even if it is Peer-2-peer connection.

Quote Originally Posted by dvshx View Post
    send me a Msg in skype. will b ready in an hour. i dont see how this is possible w/o server side support even if it is Peer-2-peer connection.
    I'm sure the communication between the two is minimal. Just basic ball flight data and ball finish location?

Give a few minutes to setup skype

Just sent you a message on skype using my wife's skype account.

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    im on. ill try to host

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Any luck guys?

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    Any luck guys?
    No luck, but I think we had other issues. Do you want to give it try? I'll be ready in 30 minutes.

Can you try to ping my IP?

Sorry...I don't have time to try it today. Wish I did...I rarely get time for the simulator right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    Sorry...I don't have time to try it today. Wish I did...I rarely get time for the simulator right now.
    Ok, let me know you have time.

Putter tuxie is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone got the online play working yet?

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road

Online Play

If you have the Beta Version of the Online play software it should work. Both users must have the same version and the host must have the appropriate firewall settings (and Port Forwarding) setup properly.

It is a Beta Version and there may be issues that you will find. The CD for the online play clearly states it is BETA. P3ProSwing is currently looking for Beta testers to test this functionality, but it has been through preliminary testing and works. If you're interested in Beta Testing, see the press release at http://www.p3proswing.com/news.php?n=69

It was even shown at the PGA Show working through a LAN connection.

The final version is tentatively slated for a Spring 2012 release.

Reading this, I feel sorry for you birdieboy!

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    I agree, I think its at the point to cut your loss and demand your money back or sell on ebay. Then go ahead and read the posts on here and decide on another sim that suits your needs. Sorry you are having a lot of issues.

First let me clarify. I haven't worked in Technical Support for over 6 months. I do, however, still help the support staff out. We have had a lot of transition over this period and with a tremendous increase in sales (over 75%) it has not gone as smoothly has we had hoped. Thus, we've added another Technical Support person who started this past Monday.

The Technical Support staff, nor my Production Manager position, have no control over the Sales and Marketing teams. If they did not explain to you that you were purchasing a Beta version of the software, all I can do is apologize.

To get the online play to work as a host, you must open ports 60020 & 60021 on your firewall. If you're part of a network, you need to port forward all incoming traffic on those ports to your IP address. This is the way the software was designed. We are currently, during Beta, working on other alternatives which will be far more user-friendly - but currently that is the only way to get it to work.

As I've posted here numerous times before, there is a common misconception that P3ProSwing is this large corporation. This is not true! There are a total of 10 employees that work for Sports Vision Technologies (the company that makes the P3ProSwing).

As for speaking with the owner, Do you get to talk to Bill Gates when you have issues with Microsoft?

You'll note you didn't have to research far to find I work for the company because I don't hide it. But I also come here on my personal time to help customers with their issues - not to get in arguments about the company. This is EXACTLY the reason I haven't posted here in quite a long time.

This thread has no real relevance to me, but I find it a bit amusing. (Not that I'm dismissing your pain P3Pro users) A couple of my thoughts...

1. The Bill Gates comment is a bit silly. Getting to talk to the owner of a massive company like Microsoft is a bit different than getting through to the owner of a 10 person company.

2. chasiv did say he hasn't worked in tech support for 6 months, but said he still does help the support staff out. I think that's pretty clear...he wasn't lying about anything, and they likely did want to get his help on these issues.

birdieboy,

Like I mentioned in the other thread, they don't have programmers on site. Even if the beta testers find all the bugs, it could take 6-12 months to fix the bugs, maybe longer. And there's no guarantee that all the bugs will get fixed. That is exactly what happened with beta testing of the virtual courses, 18-24 months ago. Some of the bugs still have not been fixed.

You've passed your return period. As bubs suggested, put it on Ebay and move on to something better. That's what myself and others have done.

Let us know what happens with things.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    You have been more patient than I would have been, Birdieboy. I also have customers and know what customer service means to them. It's a do or die world out there.

Hey Birdie -- anyone in any company you've ever worked for been promoted? I don't work in Technical Support because I've been promoted. That does not mean that I don't get asked to help others who have not achieved the knowledge yet to handle every situation.

Thread Information