100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road

P3Pro Now has Online Play!!

It says "Online Play is Here" on the packages now on their site!
    That is really cool! I think they are the first sub $5-grand sim to do that?

I don't see any info yet on it.. I'm guessing it will be updated along with the PGA Show going on now or in a couple days?

So the P3ProSwing PRO Package now includes 5 courses and Online Play (says till Feb 1st).

It will be interesting to see what else they are releasing in the next couple days..

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Here is the latest that I got from P3Pro on their online play.
    http://www.golfsimulatornews.com/?p=150

I will be taking videos at the PGA Show and posting on my YouTube Channel (Par2Pro) at the end of each day.

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    Does "Online Play" typically require high speed internet connections? Or will it work with old fashioned low speed dial up? I ask this for any of the simulators not just P3pro. Does anyone know?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I would say high speed. Dial up would probably be too slow.

Pitching Wedge thenootz is on a distinguished road
    Birdieboy, I suppose you tried this...did you?

"Important Notes regarding online play:
    To successfully host and join an Internet game various things must be checked:
    1. Firewalls – The ports in the range 60000 to 60030 must be open to host and join a game
    2. Port forwarding – If you are sitting behind a router (as most people are), the router must be told to forward the above ports (60000 to 60030) to the PC you wish to play on. For this reason, only one PC on a subnet can play over the Internet since each player is identified by their Internet IP address.
    When you start a LAN server, the server is not advertised on the Internet and will therefore NOT be seen in a search for Internet servers.
    When you start an Internet server on one computer any other computer on the same subnet will be able to find that server in the LAN search. However, since only one of the computers can be setup with port forwarding, those computers will NOT be able to see that server in the Internet search."

quotes from their manual, haven't tried yet myself...
    Last edited by thenootz; 02-25-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Pitching Wedge thenootz is on a distinguished road
    well, since their Virtual Courses SW its still GSA SW, I don't see why it shouldn't work with the same config...moreover, from the following lines, I understood their online gaming server its up and running...

"With the unlocking of the handshake server, P3ProSwing’s online play feature is functional for golfers who have the most recent versions of P3ProSwing’s virtual golf courses and operating software."
    Jay Russo on their site.

PS: I would like to try hosting a game but I'm not at home for the moment
    Last edited by thenootz; 02-25-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Jay Russo resigned? It's about time. Maybe things will now start to turn around for P3pro. Good for them.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    I don't know him. All I know is the rep that I spoke with said they wished the other owner had left instead. And he is the one that won't take my call.
    Wow harmony on job
    A company that does not listen to it's customer tend to go the way of the Dodo birds.

I get bombed with P3Pro marketing everywhere I go on the internet.
    They should have spend that money upgrading the software product and got the marketing for free right here with happy customer.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    I get bombed with P3Pro marketing everywhere I go on the internet.
    They should have spend that money upgrading the software product and got the marketing for free right here with happy customer.
    Shhhhhh......Don't give them any ideas....

Hey All,

Just to confirm, the online play IS working. The host computer needs to open ports 60020, 60021 & 60022. If you're on a network, you need to port forward information on those ports to the computer you are using for Network Play.

P3Pro is currently working on documentation for this.

Yes you need to have the latest version of the software, so if you don't, just contact P3ProSwing.

Happy Golfing!
    Cory

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    Hey All,

Just to confirm, the online play IS working. The host computer needs to open ports 60020, 60021 & 60022. If you're on a network, you need to port forward information on those ports to the computer you are using for Network Play.

P3Pro is currently working on documentation for this.

Yes you need to have the latest version of the software, so if you don't, just contact P3ProSwing.

Happy Golfing!
    Cory
    So Cory,
    Lets say I was to join someone else who is hosting a game, do I have to do anyting or what do I have to know about the host?

You shouldn't have to do anything if your firewall isn't blocking anything. You should only need to know the name of the host. Have a look at the video that I took at the PGA Show: http://youtu.be/44_3EaSBShU.

Thread Information