CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter svgolf12 is on a distinguished road

Simulator Equipment

I am new to this forum and just wanna thank everyone for all the great advice that has been posted. After doing research for a few days/weeks and not getting very far I am thankful I came across this! My first question is what is the major reason that p3pro is $200 more then the optishot? It seems they are both made off the same technology and have similar accuracy issues so what is it that those p3pro buyers are getting for that extra $200 that they cannot get with the dd. I plan a setting up a simulator in my basement and want to save some money by not buying a pricey impact screen but still want to hit into the projected image.I have already hung a heavy tarp close to the wall and one other 'tent tarp' material in from of that. Does anyone have some experience with using heavy fabrics to both project onto and hit into? Lastly, im looking for a cheap projector with a simple computer hook up, nothing fancy for under $100, any suggestions?Thanks again for all the help!

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    I do have a DD but have only tried the P3Pro 3-4 times.
    The P3Pro was the rubber top model! Which was very strange to hit from. Even the guy that owns the unit does not like it!
    You do get more club head info angle of attack and where on the vertical club head you hit the ball.
    The P3Pro also has more sensors so the info that is common for both units could/ should be more accurate. Club path, club face and club speed!
    Lots of people have issues with the club speed from the P3Pro but others do not.

The advantages that the DD has is not only does it come with a grass top but the software is light years ahead of P3Pro. You can use it for practice but you can also play real courses on it.
    DD are even working on software update. See other tread!

I think the main problem with P3Pro is that the software does not make use of the very good hardware.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I do think that you are right. A lot of the answers to these questions are imbedded in the threads and have been reviewed. Do look at the other threads. Perhaps at some point we should have a thread that will summarize the different sims and the pros and cons of all of them.

Just to add, the P3pro software is a nice software. It is not well integrated with the P3pro and the results are not as good as they should be. If they integrated it well then personally I prefer the CustomPlay look over the Optishot/Simway but we are splitting hairs at that point.

I personally feel that the P3pro hardware is better than the dd. P3pro have a fantastic hardware array but their software integration and the use of its full potential is not recognized.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    I agree with everything that's been said so far. I'll add that the DD is a better buy. You get better graphics on the courses. 3DD courses are much better than Highlands or Dunes.

As for the sensors, with taping, both are about the same. The P3pro has the advantage of detecting the angle of attack but the software does not use it in the ball flight calculations.

Range

I have read through most of the posts... if I wanted to use the driving range on both these systems to fine tune my yardage and accuracy would it be correct in saying the p3pro is better for that?

Either will do for the driving range.

Thanks for the input Bubba, have you ever heard of someone using a heavy fabric to hit into and project the image onto? I read somewhere in a different threat about someone using Muslin Fabric to hit into? Just wanted to get some different thoughts on cheaper but effective ways for netting/projecting. thanks!

I have a double layer impact screen that I use. I don't no much about the Muslin Fabric but from what I have read it may not withstand real balls. What type of balls are you planning to use?

I am planning on using real balls. I saw you and some other post about Cordura 1000. Is that something that I could possibly hit real balls into and project the simulator onto?

blackfire
    Quote Originally Posted by svgolf12 View Post
    Thanks for the input Bubba, have you ever heard of someone using a heavy fabric to hit into and project the image onto? I read somewhere in a different threat about someone using Muslin Fabric to hit into? Just wanted to get some different thoughts on cheaper but effective ways for netting/projecting. thanks!
    I personally bought some white not elastic cotton fabric(tissue) three thickness that I made assemble by a needlewoman with black side fabric. all tissue and needling cost me 400$ tax in.

here's a few photos
    Attached Images

Thread Information