CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge wagolfpro is on a distinguished road

Ps3 Eye cam drivers

Hey guys,

Been using the P3Pro for my indoor lessons the past 3 years, and Chuck turned me on to your site here. I noticed Bubba has talked about drivers to allow the Eye Cam to run on Windows (running Windows 7, 64 bit). The only drivers I have found have been on "mallicious" sites: Anyone found one that is not? thx

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Ps3eye cam is an awesome cam that has high speed capabilities. It is truly amazing for the price. Go to codelab for the official drivers http://codelaboratories.com/downloads/. Get the single cam driver, install and enjoy.

eye cam drivers

According to my security provider (Symantec), that site is listed as a malicious site. It has direct links to 4 different Trojan Horse programs that will infect your hard drive. Maybe they are overly-cautious, but I am too, since I use this computer for giving my lessons.
    If anyone finds a driver on a site that doesn't flag, I will definitely try it out. Already have the Eye Cam, just waiting......

That site is where the drivers are developed for the cam. As far as I know there are no viruses on the site however I scan every file I download anywhere on the net. I would suggest you get a good virus program with updated virus software. I am not sure you will find the driver anywhere else and if you do then it is probably coming from that site as that is where it was and still being developed and updated. You should join their forum and if you do there are threads on viruses but the developers Alex assures there are no viruses. Again I would definitely scan the files if you are nervous. If you find it somewhere else let us know.

I scan em all with my anti-virus, but this one tells me not to even go to the site. I may contact them and see what alex says

Do contact Alex. Let us know.

Got a note back from them and tried it on my laptop. Works fine, so now I will put it into my desktop for the lesson studio. Any settings that have worked best for you with this camera? thx

If you are using it with the p3pro software you are limited to the 30 fps. In cleye test chose the 30 fps for the highest resolution. We have to wait until the p3pro folks update their video software to allow the 60 or 120 fps. If they do then that would be awesome for slow motion video and abviously for the launch measurement and heaven forbid a ball cam measurement for horizontal ball direction and speed. Just dreaming a bit but I think it is very doable by the p3pro folks.

You can slso play with the exposure and gain to improve the video quality as well.

Putter cbinkowski is on a distinguished road

Can't get 2 cameras to work

I went to the site and installed the multiple cam drivers but when I go into P3ProSwing it thinks they are the same camera, meaning it didn't give them different names even though they have different addresses. When I try and select the name it says that you can't use the same camera for both. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Putter Dablue is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Software getting slow

I had succesfully set my Ps3eye Webcam as launch angle camera, but by the time I turn on the launch angle, after I take a swing it's take about 2-3 minutes to show ball flight. But when I change to Logitech webcam it back to normal,anyone have a same exprience?

2-3 minutes? Never seen that before. Something not right with the software. Try rebooting/reloading etc. I would set the ps3eye driver at 30fps as well.

Putter Dablue is on a distinguished road

PS23 eye cam lag problem

Yupe it take 2-3 minutes after I swing the ball to get the ball flight display, I did restart even re install my windows XP. I use XP3. But if I unplug the PS3eye webcam and change to logitech 9000 as my LA, Its fine only got lag 2 second. any clue?

Not my experience with the ps3eye cam. Are you able to view the ball etc with the cam?

Thread Information