CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    andrew_s_elliot

Loch March - Public policies??

For the first time ever, I had a problem at Loch March:

Yesterday I went in to hit balls and get the speed of the greens, in preparation for my round this afternoon and was told that I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO PRACTICE or hit balls without a tee off time on the same day.

I said that I was playing the next day and she said that "...it doesn't matter, because that's our policy now and we would like you to leave immediately if you're not playing. The practice area is ONLY for people to warm up the same day of their round.".

This is a course that I have always had positive experiences at, after playing 5-10 times a year for the last 5 years...I explained I play there several times a year and do recommend the course to friends and colleagues...

I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue, either at Loch March or any other "Public" course in the area.

Does anyone have a definition for a public course?

Anyone see a problem with this?

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    see post #45 and #46 on this thread lol

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...t=51307&page=2
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I would have to agree that practice facilities are for paying clients and you were not in fact a paying customer on that day.

Get there early the next day when you are paying, sign in at clubhouse and the practice away.

No fault to Loch March IMO.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I agree with Weazl but they could have delivered the message a bit softer. You aren't a member at a private club and you are using the practice facility on a day you aren't playing which isn't right.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    If you were trying to use the range for free then I see their point. There are certainly a few spots where you need to purchase tokens that you can go and practice at the course without having a tee time. Greensmere and The Canadian come to mind. I haven't played Loch March in years so I don't know if you have to pay for balls or not.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    I read on a Facebook update from Canadian that you can use the short game practice area for free at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    If you were trying to use the range for free then I see their point. There are certainly a few spots where you need to purchase tokens that you can go and practice at the course without having a tee time. Greensmere and The Canadian come to mind. I haven't played Loch March in years so I don't know if you have to pay for balls or not.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew_s_elliot View Post
    she said that "...it doesn't matter, because that's our policy now
    Since she said it's our policy "NOW", that would indicate to me that they've had to change the policy due to people like yourself wanting to use their facilities FOC.

As John mentioned, maybe the message wasn't delivered in the best manner, but I can understand where they're coming from.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    IMHO the policy is not unresonable at all. The practice facilities are there for customers.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    I was at Stonebridge Monday and finished around 6:30 pm and there had to be 20 peaple, kids , fathers,already on the practice greens and more just walking on from there homes with a few balls and one or 2 clubs in there hands.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    I read on a Facebook update from Canadian that you can use the short game practice area for free at any time.
    I've gone to EL many times with no issue.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    For the record you have to purchas a token ($6) to get 35-40 balls at the LM Range.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    I go atleast twice a week to Smiths Falls G&CC and use the range and putting green without a tee time, as do alot of local people. But if that is the policy LM has then there is not much you can do about it. I have always found LM to a "private" public course! alot of snootie attitued's!
    Last edited by Mattchew; 07-17-2010 at 09:32 AM.
    "If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." Kirk Cobain

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    IMHO the policy is not unresonable at all. The practice facilities are there for customers.
    If he is "buyïng" a bucket of balls, doesn't that make him a customer?

I would like to understand the reason for implementing the policy. Were their practice facilities becoming over crowded? They have one of the largest practice putting greens, and the times that I have been there, I was by myself on it.

Thread Information