CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar
    I agree with the Mods too...obviously if someone is asking about best value, $70 and above shouldn't even be in conversation, those courses cater to different clientele and have better resources.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Ouataouais has a special on as well but ending tomorrow I believe, $40
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    For me great value for price is under $50 and closer to $40. But best bang for your buck does mean overall, so a great course with excellent service and such at $90 would fall into the best bang for buck category.

Thanks for all the replies.

6 Iron cobra is on a distinguished road cobra's Avatar
    I have to agree with Loch March. The best greens in the region and not overly priced.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Thumbs up Montebello

Quote Originally Posted by sebber View Post
    Right Now, til the end of may, I would say the 80$ deal at Chateau Montebello is the best bang for the buck. 2 golfers and a cart for 80$ (40$ each). The course is in amazing condition, the greens are like glass, the fairways have zero damage and the views alone are worth the 40$
    WOW! Now I know how the other half lives. What a great course, supurb service. Going again in the Fall when they have their season ending rate. One of the guys there said they had a good response to their reduced rates and they are in serious discussion about reducing all rates for 2011 (ala Wal Mart). Very playable for most players.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHitta View Post
    If you live in Orleans, then Nation is well within comfortable driving distance, and I've been saying for years this is the best golf course for the money within Ottawa region. Sorcier doesnt even compare at $70, name me another course under $50 that challenges you like Nation? Casselview is great too...I'm East-End bias, lol, I know every course out there

Let's not forget that Sorcier's price includes cart. Maybe I have to play Nation, but I doubt it compares.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Timbuktu
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Let's not forget that Sorcier's price includes cart. Maybe I have to play Nation, but I doubt it compares.

I'd pick Nation over Le Sorcier to be honest.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Nation is ok but I wouldn't drive the distance to play it. Le sorcier is about the same distance and I would make that drive any day.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    No, it doesn't. Not that Nation is a bad course as it does have some interesting holes, but not in the same league as Sorcier IMHO.

Sand Wedge wingy17 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    No, it doesn't. Not that Nation is a bad course as it does have some interesting holes, but not in the same league as Sorcier IMHO.
    I haven't had the chance to play Sorcier yet, but Nation really is a great value. 18 holes for $15 after 5pm any day of the week and 18 holes for $22 after 1pm during the week.

Given the quality and layout of the course, it's very hard to beat this "value".

no doubt Nation is good value, however saying it is a better course than Le Sorcier is just plain silly.

great deal on the coupon just sent via ottawagolf $55 and $40 after 2pm incl. cart.

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar
    As an example, I'd rather play 3 times on an exceptional course for $60/round than 4 times on an a decent course for $45/round. I personally feel Stonebridge is a great value.
    Last edited by rancherJ; 06-04-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: grammar

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    WOW! Now I know how the other half lives. What a great course, supurb service. Going again in the Fall when they have their season ending rate. One of the guys there said they had a good response to their reduced rates and they are in serious discussion about reducing all rates for 2011 (ala Wal Mart). Very playable for most players.
    If you like Montebello, you can always join EG Last minute club and play Montebello pretty much any day for $65.

As for Nation vs. Sorcier debate, aren't you forgetting Outaouais? IMHO, the best public course in the east end, much better than either of the former two.

Nation is not the best conditioned course, and Sorcier is just too short and unforgiving for my tastes (miss the green - bounce into the rocky forest and never find the ball again). Both have some very nice holes, but overall I'd say they're both a step behind Outaouais.

Cheers,
    Alex.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    How can you compare Nation to Sorcier?? It's not even in the same ballpark.

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    The East end bias in here is insane!
    I like Canadian for their twilight rates. Pretty affordable to play in the afternoon and the course is usually in good condition. Playing from the back it can be pretty challenging and if you move up a set of tees or two its reasonable for even a beginner.
    Even I've never heard of me

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    So which part of Ottawa-Carleton / Gatineau has better golf courses

East - Outawais, Nation , Casselview, Hammond, Pineview (2nd best public course under 45$)
    West - Marshes, Greensmere , Loch March, Canadian, Cedarhill
    South - Stonebridge, Meadows, Manderley, Anderson Links, Emerald Links
    North (of the river): Le Sorcier, Chateau Cartier, Champlain, Gatineau; Kingsway Park

My vote: West

I live in the central part of Ottawa

Sand Wedge topcorner is on a distinguished road

We're lucky

Hey, I think we're lucky to be having this discussion that involves so many courses. No matter which course you feel offers the best bang for your money, we've got it much better than...probably most places in the world! There might be more selection elsewhere, but not the same quality for the price and selection of our region.

As for this forum, I think it's sad that "talent" can't be mentionned, in that way, for the sake of political correctness. I guess we can say "no full allowed". Pity.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I am sorry that you feel showing cart girls the respect they deserve is somehow "sad".

Aside from that, women and juniors use this site and it is inappropriate. I have seen other golf sites overrun by a "gentleman's club" atmosphere and we don't want that to happen here so we keep it clear of such stuff. Waaay too much of it out there.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Birdie Husband is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    Kingsway Park
    I hate that course. The bugs are TERRIBLE, and the course really isn't that great.

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    So which part of Ottawa-Carleton / Gatineau has better golf courses

East - Outawais, Nation , Casselview, Hammond, Pineview (2nd best public course under 45$)
    West - Marshes, Greensmere , Loch March, Canadian, Cedarhill
    South - Stonebridge, Meadows, Manderley, Anderson Links, Emerald Links
    North (of the river): Le Sorcier, Chateau Cartier, Champlain, Gatineau; Kingsway Park

My vote: West

I live in the central part of Ottawa
    I agree 120%, the West end has most challenging and the most pristine courses
    wouldn't Anderson Links be considered East?
    I'm moving from Kanata to Embrun soon, and even though i will miss the nice courses in west end, I'm looking forward to the shear number of courses out east.
    Nation, Casselview, Glengarry and Upper Canada are courses I grew up on, and still love them.
    as for the discussion, if we're discussing "money value" instead of "budget" courses, then Loch March is at my top - $70 for the best conditions, service and atmosphere
    not many compare...

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruskie View Post
    If you like Montebello, you can always join EG Last minute club and play Montebello pretty much any day for $65.

You can join corporate golf and play Montebello with a cart for $38
    Even I've never heard of me

4 Iron Hardcore is on a distinguished road

Manderley

I played Manderley Fri and I have to say that dollar for dollar it's right up there for me in terms of value.

Thread Information