CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter golfn00b is on a distinguished road

New Guy from Kanata

Hey all.

My wife and I have decided to take the plunge and start golfing.

I've played a few times at work tournaments and I have to say I'm not good (at all) but I love it. My wife has only been to the driving range once so far.

Any suggestions for good classes? We were thinking of just going for a 3 pack at Golf Town, but I'm kinda weary of indoor lessons... I've heard good things about Kevin Haime Golf School.

Any suggestions would be good.

Thanks

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    I'm in Kanata as well and haven't taken any lessons but I'll probably be going within the next few weeks to Kevin Haime, and I'm guessing the lessons in general would probably be better there as opposed to GT.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    There are great lessons taught at Greensmere, only 10 minutes west of Kanata. There are two people that do lessons, Warran of Warrens Total Golf, and Pam Leblanc.

The nice thing, especially if your wife is planning to take lessons is that women don't normally find themselves as intimidated learning from another woman.

I haven't done lessons with either, but I've spoken to other members and both come highly recommended. I spoke to one member that absolutely praised Pam's teaching style for both him and his wife.

Check out Greensmere's website for more information.

5 Iron mess1414 is on a distinguished road
    Welcome to the wonderful addition called golf.

I have been playing since I was a boy and just got my wife playing. This year will be her first year as a member with me at the club.

The best thing I did was to get her leasons. Learn the right way from the start, it makes things easier on both of you and will also give you come confidence. The fundamentals are VERY important to having any success at this game. My wife had both a male and female instructors and she did comment to me that she did have a more at ease feeling with the Lady instructor. She participated in a small (do not go to large groups - no time with instructor) group for people just starting and it helped for her to see that other where also having problems learning some items.

Have a great time and good luck improving your game. It is a wonderful way to spend time with your spouse.

Thread Information