CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar

Golf Town Boxing Day

Did anyone go and spend some of their Christmas cash and pick up anything nice?

I went and picked up that Ogio Ozone golf bag. Wasn't planning on picking it up, but for the price and walking by it. It caught my eye and I had to get it.

Was also meaning to pick up a pair of the adidas 360's. My credit card wasn't working... (maybe a sign?) So I just picked up the bag.

Anyone have a pair and let me know what you think about them? They were on a good sale to $100.00 from the list of 229.00. Maybe I'll go back for them

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    i went and bought nothing. There were some nice dunning shirts for $25 but I need another golf shirt like I need a hole in my head. same goes for equipment.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

3 Iron Strangebrew is on a distinguished road Strangebrew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    i went and bought nothing. There were some nice dunning shirts for $25 but I need another golf shirt like I need a hole in my head. same goes for equipment.
    lol, I can never have too many holes in my head or golf shirts, so grabbed a couple and a dunning jacket as well. If my wife hadn't insisted on coming with me I would've grabbed a new driver. Note to self... next year go alone.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I went to Golftown and picked up nothing...nothing worth getting...on the other hand, I picked up some TaylorMade TP Smoked Wedges and Wilson Di irons off ebay....and if I don't like them, I will try and sell them to jeffc...lol

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Went on boxing day afternoon in the pouring rain and bought....wait for it...a rain jacket! I did need one but I think the weather really affected my decision, that and memories of the first NCGT event at Dragonfly when I got soaked!

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Great time to stock up on gloves. Nike dry Fit tour gloves normally 24.99 on for $10

I picked up a few but that about it

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I didn't see those...

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gropper View Post
    Great time to stock up on gloves. Nike dry Fit tour gloves normally 24.99 on for $10

I am debating driving out to Oshawa now to pick up a few gloves... Thanks

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Its an awsome deal i may have to go back tommorow to pick up a few more.....i'm a big fan of stocking up in the off season!!

Sand Wedge sens13 is on a distinguished road sens13's Avatar
    i bought a new set of the sweet taylormade burner ht irons!!! only $500 but i only spent $100 cant wait to use them!!!
    SHUT THE...

Sand Wedge sens13 is on a distinguished road sens13's Avatar
    the tmade smoke wedges are AMAZING best club in my bag!!
    SHUT THE...

9 Iron left and gone is on a distinguished road

Boxing Day Sale

been wearing the 360's since they came out, prefer 3.0 over the newer ones so grabbed a couple pairs, nice shoe at a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by left and gone View Post
    been wearing the 360's since they came out, prefer 3.0 over the newer ones so grabbed a couple pairs, nice shoe at a great price.
    i was reading about a leaking problem... that's what's holding me back

I am looking forward to trying the wedges this upcoming season. I had the 360's and i found that they were not as good as other brands when it came to being waterproof. They are comfortable shoes.

9 Iron left and gone is on a distinguished road

golf town boxing day sale

that is news to me, have been wearing them for 4-5 years and have 3 pairs in rotation, however like other shoes I find that the 2 year warranty for being waterproof is there for a reason, the 3rd year they tend to be a shoe for dry conditions only.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I picked up a Callaway FT Hybrid to replace my Nickent. Wasn't much there that peaked my interest, but I am just waiting on the new Ping bags to come to Canada so I can scoop one up.

I am glad I went back! As I was debating if I wanted to spend the 100 on the 3.0's I found a pair of the Adidas 360 S models on clearance for 35 dollars! Last one and it was my size (11). I think that's a steal. Also picked up 3 of the dry fit gloves. Came out spending less than expected which is always a bonus.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I made out like a bandit at GT over the holidays. After all the exchanges and price adjustments, picked up two pairs of Powerbands 2.0s and a Cleveland Classic 4.5 putter and still have almost $60 in credit to use.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    I did pretty well too. I got new 3 and 5 wood (Callaway FT) and also grabbed another 56 degree wedge. Picked up a few other odds and ends as well (new putter cover, tees, towels, etc...). Not too bad I guess. Going to Florida in March, and planning to look for some new shoes while I'm there.

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gropper View Post

Yeah I picked up 5 of these for me and a few for my dad, a couple gloves for the gf.... but that is about all. Was tempted on some other things but resisted.

Thread Information