100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar

Canadian Amateur at Beaconsfield GC in Pointe Claire

Does anyone know much about this private course? I can't seem to find out too much about it. Is it on the flat side or somewhat mountainous? I can't remember many elevation changes while driving through Pointe Claire on Hwys. 20 or 40.

Just curious. I'm caddying and want to know if I need to sharpen my mountain goat skills.

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar

Beaconsfield...

I know Beaconsfield very well, was a member there in the 90's as a junior. It is located off the 20 at Cartier.

It's a tough course, a lot of elevated tees (#1,8,10,12,16). Greens were usually quick and really hold an iron shot.

There are a few blow up holes on the front 9. #5 is a par 5 582 yards, followed by #6 a 445 yard par 4. Both holes require decent drives and accuracy.

The back side in my opinion is much easier than the front. 10 is an easy par 5, 517 yds, 11 is a tricky par 4, dogleg right and up hill about 50-75 feet and depending on pin location a blind 2nd shot. 12 is an easy par 5 480 yds trouble on the right. 13 is a tough par 3, 220 yards, sand in the front, trees long. 14 tough par 4 440 yds straight ahead, trouble on the right off the tee. 15 is my favorite hole. They call is Gibraltar. A par 3 170 yds. 16 is a 400+ par 4 from an elevated tee, on thing that is cool on 16 is on the left hand side you'll see an old stone building with redish shingles, that was the original clubhouse from 1904. It is now used for the maintenance staff. 17 is slightly uphill, par 3 171 yds. And 18, 494 yds par 5. Your second shot is the most important. Although not a long hole there is a blind water hazard about 100 yds from the green on the right. A good reference point would be the trees on the left, the hazard is right accross the fairway.

Have fun, it's a beautiful course. Here is their website http://www.beaconsfieldgolf.ca/index.php

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    And a 15-year old won it all... good for him. It sure will be quite the thrill to be playing the Canadian Open at that young age.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Quite the thrill indeed it will be interesting who he gets paired with.

Thread Information