Ok I think the sim I tried at the GT in Gatineau is on serious steroids. This year my average driving is probably 290. Yes I can hit it over 300 yards but lets be serious, most are 280-300 with just one or two a round over 300 and you need the right hole for that. Anyway, I went in and found a new Titleist 909D3 with the Voodoo shaft. After hearing so much about the shaft I was really looking forward to trying it. Now the sims there dont register clubhead speed just ball speed and distances and spin rate. Well, I didnt much care for the club, mostly the shaft, and was between 275 and 290. Pretty much what I expected from how it hit. Then the consultant asked if I had tried and X stiff shaft. After constantly hearing how most amateurs are playing a shaft too stiff for them I only switched to stiff this season. Well!!! First drive was 305...not bad. Then the magic button marked "SELL IT!" was pushed! I then launched one CARRY 329! Finally the talk began about their staff member Phillipe driving it 367 earlier...he's 6'4", I am 5'9"...little difference. So I catch a good one and hit 364....then 2 minutes later hit 370! I have only done that length twice in my life and it was with a good wind and downhill!

I didnt buy the club...yet.