100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    A little update guys, and this has to be decided ASAP!!!!

Scotty just got word from Trillium with some info on cost.

Rounds will cost $48, carts are $15 and change per player.
    Replay round on Sat (if we do 36, and this is where I need feedback ASAP) is $30 that includes a cart.

So what's the word??? 36 on Saturday????
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Geoff, I'd play 36 on Saturday. After all, it's a golfing weekend with the boys. What else would I want to do besides watch Hoolio in action?

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Count me in for 36. I'll take the cart on the second 18
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Bouche
    if i am on the team.....i am in for 36....i think i am first on the waiting list

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I'd be interested in 36 as well.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    i'll do 36 also
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    36 sounds good, as long as we don't have to wake up at some ungodly time for the first round.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Champion racmbs is on a distinguished road racmbs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    36 sounds good, as long as we don't have to wake up at some ungodly time for the first round.
    I'll do what I can to secure a decent time, but with 36 guys and other public players wanting to play as well that might be an issue.

If I get at least 3/4 of the OGF squad to agree on 36 for Saturday, then I will confirm with Greg.

I would really like to get this all sorted out no later than Monday though guys.

Scott, I'll actually PM the other players later today. But it looks like we're heading towards 36, which would again be an interesting change to the format to see how it plays out.

And just to confirm, what I posted earlier about the prices is correct?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Does the added 18 holes on Saturday have to be competitive? Can it not just be a relaxed round with casual betting amounst the players. Aren't we playing a competitive 18 on Sunday?
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Scott, I'll actually PM the other players later today. But it looks like we're heading towards 36, which would again be an interesting change to the format to see how it plays out.

And just to confirm, what I posted earlier about the prices is correct?
    Yes, you are correct Geoff.

Chris: We want 3 competitive rounds, and can still have wagers on the side if everyone is in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by racmbs View Post
    Yes, you are correct Geoff.

Chris: We want 3 competitive rounds, and can still have wagers on the side if everyone is in agreement.

Man, you guy's are bugger's for punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Man, you guy's are bugger's for punishment...
    If memory serves me....me thinks it was you guys who were punished last year.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 geronamo is on a distinguished road
    In in for 36. Also, I will book my hotel separately as my gov't rate is cheaper.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2007 & 2009 OTTAWA GOLF RYDER CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by geronamo View Post
    In in for 36. Also, I will book my hotel separately as my gov't rate is cheaper.
    Only thing left at Holiday Inn are suites....I've blocked off all the available rooms until I hear back from the OGF team.

I might just leave it up to you guys to take care of your own rooms as it's proving time consuming as it is doing both teams and waiting for responses to come in.

Only thing left at Holiday Inn are suites....I've blocked off all the available rooms until I hear back from the OGF team.

I might just leave it up to you guys to take care of your own rooms as it's proving time consuming as it is doing both teams and waiting for responses to come in.

Keep the rooms Scott. I'll get an answer out of these guys yet. Off to the gym, and I'll get cracking when I get back, or I'll start cracking heads!!!!!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I'm in for 36 on Saturday.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 geronamo is on a distinguished road

Holiday Inn Express:

Our regular rate for those dates are as follows;

Thursday $145.95
    Friday $139.95
    Saturday$155.95
    These rates are for our two queen standard rooms.

I am able to give you this block at $135.95 for Thursday, Friday, and $145.95 on Saturday. This will be a higher rate then you paid at the Best Western (which we also operate) although as your colleague has told you our hotel is brand new and boasts the following upgrades;

32" flat panel televisions
    Massage shower heads (Umm, yeah )
    Granite showers and counters
    Upgraded amenity packages
    Free "HOT" breakfast in the morning (Bacon, Sausage, Omelets, Biscuits, Cinnamon Buns, ect.)
    Free Wired and Wireless Internet
    Free Parking
    Free Local Calls
    Indoor Pool / Hot Tub
    Patio with Barbeque
    Fitness Centre
    Business Centre

Guys: As you can see, for $145.95 plus taxes on the Saturday night, split 2 ways for a really nice hotel it's not that bad at all....taking into consideration what extras are included. Those wanting their own room, they only have single suites available for that weekend and Brad with Holiday Inn can give them to me for $165/night, same extras are included. Suites include two queen sized beds, and would be $82.50 split per person if others want a bigger room.
    As an FYI Scott, when I log on to hiexpress.com and check the rates I come up with the following:

Advance Purchase
    Friday $126.95
    Saturday $140.95

Thanks,
    Jason
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2007 & 2009 OTTAWA GOLF RYDER CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by geronamo View Post
    As an FYI Scott, when I log on to hiexpress.com and check the rates I come up with the following:

Advance Purchase
    Friday $126.95
    Saturday $140.95

Thanks,
    Jason
    Pretty sure that's the advance booking rate.....and the problem with that is, I can't book/reserve 18+ rooms online.

Guys:

I need to know ASAP please! Otherwise, I am going to leave it in your hands.

Pretty sure that's the advance booking rate.....and the problem with that is, I can't book/reserve 18+ rooms online.

Guys:

I need to know ASAP please! Otherwise, I am going to leave it in your hands.

Scotty, it's time to do what captains do best. Executive decision!!!! We're down for 36 on Sat. Go ahead and confirm that with TW.

As for the rooms, give me another day on this. PMs have been sent to every player asking if they want to take the rooms you have booked or fend for themselves.

Scotty, it's time to do what captains do best. Executive decision!!!! We're down for 36 on Sat. Go ahead and confirm that with TW.

As for the rooms, give me another day on this. PMs have been sent to every player asking if they want to take the rooms you have booked or fend for themselves.
    Hey Geoff,

We are pretty much confirmed for 36 on Saturday, was just waiting on Greg to give me the start times to make sure we aren't finishing in the dark.

As for the hotels, I will wait until tonight and if I don't hear anything back by tomorrow I will leave the OGF guys to fend for themselves as I've got a lot going on myself right now.

Hey Geoff,

We are pretty much confirmed for 36 on Saturday, was just waiting on Greg to give me the start times to make sure we aren't finishing in the dark.

As for the hotels, I will wait until tonight and if I don't hear anything back by tomorrow I will leave the OGF guys to fend for themselves as I've got a lot going on myself right now.

Cool.

I've got one reply that will book himself.
    One that says he's in the local B&B.
    One that will room wherever the majority goes.

Still waiting on others.

Scott, the general consensus is that most want to stay at the HI. I have three that will be staying at the local B&B.

Four of my guys will be staying at the HI, but will be booking themselves to get the gov't rate.

One guy wants to stay at the HI, but would like his own room as he's a really early riser and doesn't want to disturb a roommate.

So that leaves us with 11 guys. So We'll need 5 other rooms (we'll cram 3 in a room like we did last year). If you can keep 5 rooms for us, that would be great. Thanks so much for helping out on this. Makes it so much easier for me consider the full plate of things I currently have to deal with.

Monday Qualifier Drew is on a distinguished road

Ryder cup

Looks like the 1st alternate is in. I have to bow out.
    I/we may be down East at that time.
    Hope there bis time to get in on the rooms!!

Drew

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that you won't be there, Drew. Have fun down East.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Looks like the 1st alternate is in. I have to bow out.
    I/we may be down East at that time.
    Hope there bis time to get in on the rooms!!

Drew

Scotty, I've pretty much heard back from everyone. Keep 6 rooms for us. That should cover us.

I hate to be selfish, but I'd like to play in one more of these and if we keep the event in May, that just won't happen for me.

So let's start the confirmed list for Aug 29/30:

Big Johnny69 (tentative)
    Ginker (Inski)
    habsfan (Inski)
    davevandyk (Inski)
    Nat Williams (Inski)
    Pinshark (tentative)
    mpare (Inski)
    John (tentative)
    MusicMan (Inski)
    Drew (outski)
    ironmaster (Inski)
    Sakuraba (Inski)
    The Saint (Inski)
    geronamo (Inski)
    hoolio (Inski)
    Fallys (Inski)
    jvincent (Inski)
    Caddyshack04 (Inski)

These guys get first priority as some of them had to miss out last year due to other commitments. I know it's a lot to ask to confirm for something that is 6 months away, but the sooner people know about it, the sooner they can make arrangements.

Next up will be the guys from last year's team. How I'll pick who gets first crack is still up in the air, but I'll figure something out.

Bouche ()
    Paulio ()
    Wilster ()
    LobWedge (Last minute spare)
    gbower (Last minute spare)

And after I've exhausted all those resources, next up will be those that have shown interest in playing this year. And for these guys, I'll give them a chance in the order they replied in the thread.

big easy ()
    Thunder ()
    Chadillac ()
    rezadue ()
    leftylucas ()
    gropper ()
    dbleber ()

So if all those in the first grouping of names could please reply if they are interested in playing this year, it would be greatly appreciated. And a definite would be much better than a tentative, but we'll do what we can. Thanks.
    Sorry to hear that you won't be with us Andy...Have a great time down East...

So is Bouche in now?

Scotty, I've pretty much heard back from everyone. Keep 6 rooms for us. That should cover us.
    Will do Geoff.

To make things easier, I will book the rooms for the TGN group under my name, and the OGF team under yours.

Brad from Holiday Inn may need to get a hold of you to sign off on the 6 rooms, I'll let you know if he does.

Ok, so here's the update:

John, Saint, ironmaster are staying at the local B&B (and these guys can be picked on and ridiculed for not being team players and staying with other guys )

geronamo, hoolio, Sakuraba, CaddyShack04 are staying at the Holiday but booking their own rooms

Wilster (another non-team player ) may be staying somewhere else, but will probably end up with the guys at the Holiday

mpare is staying at the Holiday, but requests his own room due to the odd hours he keeps. He doesn't want to wake up a possible roommate

Which leaves the rest of us (Big Johnny, MusicMan, davevandyk, habsfan, Fallys, Pinshark, jvincent, Nat Williams, Bouche) staying at the Holiday. If we end up with the rooms like last year, we could even put 3 comfortably per room (two beds and one pullout)

Ok, so here's the update:

John, Saint, ironmaster are staying at the local B&B (and these guys can be picked on and ridiculed for not being team players and staying with other guys )

geronamo, hoolio, Sakuraba, CaddyShack04 are staying at the Holiday but booking their own rooms

Wilster (another non-team player ) may be staying somewhere else, but will probably end up with the guys at the Holiday

mpare is staying at the Holiday, but requests his own room due to the odd hours he keeps. He doesn't want to wake up a possible roommate

Which leaves the rest of us (Big Johnny, MusicMan, davevandyk, habsfan, Fallys, Pinshark, jvincent, Nat Williams, Bouche) staying at the Holiday. If we end up with the rooms like last year, we could even put 3 comfortably per room (two beds and one pullout)
    For the guys booking rooms using their Government rate, I have a message from Holiday Inn Express:

As for the guys that work for the government we do not give government rates for leisure travel and as per our government solicitation we have the right to ask for work orders signed by the government office they work for. Therefore they
    will not be able to qualify for those rates. Please inform them of this in advance as we do not want to surprise them at check in and then they have to pay regular rate as the group block is expired.

Don't shoot the messenger, I just got this email back from them as I was letting them know that 3 rooms were being taken off the booking as you guys were doing this on your own. I wouldn't want you guys to have any problems....but if you are working around this then you can ignore his email.

Cheers,

Thread Information