100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GarthM View Post
    As you said those who want to play will play, those who don't will always find a reason not to.
    I resent that statement. I’ll speak for myself. I love to compete. I competed all my life in hockey, golf, martial arts, soft ball…. I would love to play in the Citizen BUT I have a young active family and a job that does not necessarily give me the opportunity to play in weekly tournaments. Budget wise, it costs a lot of $$$$ to play golf all season. $150 plus 2 to 4 days off is hard to swallow but at $200 it’s near impossible for my budget anyway. If the two first courses were two courses that I never have that chance to play it would be easier to spend the money. If I hade the game to be a top 10 contender it would be easier but it’s not the case. You guy may not understand but some of us have other thins in life then Golf and we have a budget to maintain. It isn’t cuz we are finding ways to not compete….

Mike
    Last edited by mberube; 03-25-2009 at 02:50 PM.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    My statement was not directed at you or anyone in particular, if I offended, I apologize.

The bottom line is, everyone's situation is unique and we all have to make the decision based on our own individual circumstances. It has nothing to do with one's level of competitivness, far from it -- and I was speaking only of Marc and myself in that scenario. For myself the enjoyment of competition factors in higher in the decision making than it may for others.

Knowing you (Mike), I know your situation is signficantly different than mine, I know that you have other commitments/priorities in your life at this time that are higher on the list than a couple days off for the Citizen to satisfy your desire to compete.

As you said, if the opportunity to play new courses was there, then your decision tree would be adjusted. So would mine.

Garth

Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    I resent that statement. I’ll speak for myself. I love to compete. I competed all my life in hockey, golf, martial arts, soft ball…. I would love to play in the Citizen BUT I have a young active family and a job that does not necessarily give me the opportunity to play in weekly tournaments. Budget wise, it costs a lot of $$$$ to play golf all season. $150 plus 2 to 4 days off is hard to swallow but at $200 it’s near impossible for my budget anyway. If the two first courses were two courses that I never have that chance to play it would be easier to spend the money. If I hade the game to be a top 10 contender it would be easier but it’s not the case. You guy may not understand but some of us have other thins in life then Golf and we have a budget to maintain. It isn’t cuz we are finding ways to not compete….

Mike

Thread Information