100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar

NFL -- Ed Hochuli

Does anybody else think this was probably one of the worst call ever in the NFL.

Did Ed Hochuli had too much money invested in the Broncos he had to blow the game. We have seen it before in the NBA so...

Just awful...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    I think the fact that he called it incomplete right away had a lot to do with the end result. I may be wrong, but it may have been impossible to overturn the call. He blew the whistle and the play was dead, meaning that whatever happened after the fumble (and it was a fumble) was meaningless. That's just my interpretation, if anyone hears different please post.

Also, a bold, but completely stupid, call by Shanahan to go for 2. Based purely on emotion. It worked out, obviously, but only someone with a lot of job security makes that call. John Fox in Carolina? NO CHANCE.

Yes, Sensfan you are right. He couldn't overturn the bad call.

What I don't understand is why did he blow the whistle. Let the play finish and check the replay. You are in the last 2 minutes of the half so there is no problem with replay.
    If you whistle then you have no option.

They was another call earlier in the game taht was bad. They called an interception but replays shows that Chamber was down before he was stip by Champ Bailey giving the Broncos the ball. The excuse that time is that they couldn't overturn the call because the Denver replay booth wasn't working.

This wasn't the NFL or Ed Hochuli finest moment...

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    bad calls happen. this was just at the end of the game and determined the outxome but no need to accuse the refs of being in on something like what happened in the nba. As for going for 2 points... the way the game was being played i think whoever won the coin toss in OT would most likely have won that game so why put the game in the hands of your D (maybe) when your offence could win you the game right there. i may not have had the balls to do it but i cant really blame his thinking
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Those of us who are Bronco fans thought it was a very fair call . Hey, tough breaks happen in sports so deal with it
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

bad calls happen. this was just at the end of the game and determined the outxome but no need to accuse the refs of being in on something like what happened in the nba.

That is what the NBA used to say too...

deal with it

I don't really care. Better for the Bills and the Patriots... they should make the play-off...

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    bad calls happen. this was just at the end of the game and determined the outxome but no need to accuse the refs of being in on something like what happened in the nba.

That is what the NBA used to say too...

deal with it

I don't really care. Better for the Bills and the Patriots... they should make the play-off...
    agreed, go bills
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Does anybody else think this was probably one of the worst call ever in the NFL.

Did Ed Hochuli had too much money invested in the Broncos he had to blow the game. We have seen it before in the NBA so...

Just awful...
    He is not involved in gambling However his cousin has been known to run into a few problems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_m2u9soma4
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Yes, this is Hochulik cousin's Sergei Shmolik...

Thread Information