100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Wood macspesh is on a distinguished road

Bridgestone Balls

Has anyone tried the latest Bridgestone balls featured in their fitting commercials?
    The commercial makes some pretty bold claims…like some players saying they're getting like 18 additional yards over a Pro V1.
    I use Pro Vs and really like them but I wouldn't mind getting more distance from the Bridgestones. So I thought I'd get some feedback before buying a dozen. Commercials wouldn't lie, would they?

no one's tried these?

Pitching Wedge Mick-Mulli is on a distinguished road
    I have tried the....E6 and E5's....I think thats what they were called. They seemed to be fine with me but I am not in any kinda shape to be telling people differances in balls. But i think the es335 or e335s or something along those lines is there top ball.....about 4o$ for 12 same or close to Pro V1's. that is probably the one you should compare if you already play Pro V1's. Anyway you probably already knew that. But if you do try them keep the forum updated on how they compare.
    Cheers

For sure, I guess I'll just pick up a sleeve and check them out. Everyone's preferences are different.
    If these balls add 10 extra yds to my shots, I'll be glad to sing their praises to the whole forum.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I like b-stone balls, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find that much more distance in one unless your current ball is completely unsuited to your swing. I've tried both the B-330 and 330s and I preferred them to proVs and proVx on well hit shots. On my normal shanks, wild slices and cold topped shots, they played about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    I like b-stone balls, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find that much more distance in one unless your current ball is completely unsuited to your swing. I've tried both the B-330 and 330s and I preferred them to proVs and proVx on well hit shots. On my normal shanks, wild slices and cold topped shots, they played about the same.
    Funny how that works...I hear you all too well. Hopefully one sleeve will give me a chance to make good contact on at least one ball before "donating" the rest to the course!

Sand Wedge doublepar is on a distinguished road
    I really like the two Bridgestone balls I've tried - the e5+ and the B330S. Both spin pretty nicely and will stick to the green and are certainly long enough. I'd definitely agree that it would be really hard to get an additional 18 yards out of any golf ball unless you're spinning the heck out of the ProV1. If you've got spin problems off of the tee then try the e6+, if not then try the e5+. At least it's a relatively cheap experiment at around $7-8/sleeve.

5 Wood PatS is on a distinguished road PatS's Avatar
    I recently ordered 3 dozens of e5 after playing one that I found in the woods. Great durability, long and straight off the driver and enough spin to make it check on the greens (not as much as a 3-piece of course). Some call it the poor man's proV.

They can be found for really cheap on eBay also.

Thread Information