100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road

Favre traded to New York...

I'm gonna have to pick a New York Jets' shirt now!!! It's gonna be weird to see him playing for another team but at least, some green will remain on his shirt...

Bouche
    ya glad to see that chad got the boot. Only problem is that I dont think he will help the Jets much. Not like GB. Sad to see him with another jersey and im thinking this wont work out well. just my opinion and we will have to wait to see what happens but all I can say is the Madden curse is in effect.

3 Wood dwalker is on a distinguished road dwalker's Avatar
    Glad to see he was traded out of the NFC, especially to a below average team. Now we'll see if has anything left in the tank. In my opinion, he won't last half the season as the starter for the Jets.
    Slice, hook, or straight down the middle. It all looks the same on the score card.

Bouche
    I second that thought....

Injury prone guarenteed

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    If the confused thinking that he displayed in the last few weeks is an indication of things to come, then that does not bode well for how he'll perform under the pressure of a collapsing offensive line. Hopefully, I'm wrong. One last hurrah would be a perfect ending .... assuming that he knows when to exit gracefully.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    You have to wonder about the Jets. GB said that they had moved on and created an offensive game plan around Rogers and his strengths. Seems to make sense so what about the Jets. Is it not a little late in the year to be arranging your game plan to fit the QB. Maybe the Jets have the same scheme as GB and Favre will be able to walk in but that's not my recollection.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I was hoping he'd go to my Bucs and reunite him and Gruden again. Garcia had an injury right now and Favre was the starting QB for the NFC in the Pro Bowl last year.

Par moochie is on a distinguished road moochie's Avatar
    Favre is a good quarterback but fails to do what should be the QBs primary concern; protect the football. He tries to force things when they shouldn't be forced. Being a die hard Jets fan (I know), I am happy to see an improvement in that position regardless. They were 4-12 last year and Pennington just wasn't doing it.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moochie View Post
    Favre is a good quarterback but fails to do what should be the QBs primary concern; protect the football. He tries to force things when they shouldn't be forced. Being a die hard Jets fan (I know), I am happy to see an improvement in that position regardless. They were 4-12 last year and Pennington just wasn't doing it.
    Hey, it could be worse. Favre led the team from 3-13 in 2005 to 13-3 last year. If he sticks around for a couple more years the Jets could be playing in the Conference Championship.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Hooray...just what the Bills need...Brett Favre in their division.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    If the confused thinking that he displayed in the last few weeks is an indication of things to come, then that does not bode well for how he'll perform under the pressure of a collapsing offensive line. Hopefully, I'm wrong. One last hurrah would be a perfect ending .... assuming that he knows when to exit gracefully.
    Gracefully? The last two weeks prove that he lacks such a quality.

I have no idea what the Jets are going to be like with Favre, but if they get off to a bad start and Favre gets beaten up a little bit, I would not be surprised one bit if he packed it in and "re-retired."

Thread Information