CorporateGolfXtra 2024

View Poll Results: who will win the Stanley Cup ?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pens

4 25.00%
  • Flyers

0 0%
  • Stars

4 25.00%
  • Red Wings

8 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
    Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar

Who will win the Stanley Cup - Round 3

Ok, definitely wont go for the habs this time

Think its the Stars now - they have the best goalie of the bunch, plus a couple of ex habs are playing real good (dammit) for them
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    If the Red Wings can keep control and keep moving the puck like they have in the first two rounds, they're a shoe-in. Granted, the Avs weren't able to field much of a team to counter that - but I haven't seen such a confident, crisp, and solid passing game before, period.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Pit will win the cup because hosa used to get his hair cut from sue.. the same girl that used to cut mine...
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Baxter
    Who in the world can know what will happen next???

Stars in 6 - WOW - They are playing Great
    Flyers in 6 - They sure look like last years Ducks!!

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Penguins in 5 - Pen's have too many weapons and their PP will bury the Flyers. Biron would have to stand on his head to pull this one out for Philly.

Red Wings in 6 - If SJ had guys who could score, the Stars wouldn't even be here. Stars have the better goalie, but Morrow can't carry the rest of the team on his back forever. The Wings have talent throughout the lineup and no real weaknesses.

Red Wings win the cup in 6.

Baxter
    Ok....Do the Flyers or Stars have a chance at pushing their series to 7 Games.....

I think the Flyers may have a better chance than the Stars..and it's just above SLIM..

Man O Man, I have not watched or cared about the Redwings(I miss Yzerman) this year....What a Team....So much for the Euros not showing up in the Playoffs

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    As much as I hate to say this, The Big Red Machine will be hard to stop.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Baxter
    I saw your post Golfbum and agreed 100% - than I watched yesterdays game and wham the Stars win on the road.....I have no idea what will happen next....I just hope the Flyers can do the same today

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bullis View Post
    I saw your post Golfbum and agreed 100% - than I watched yesterdays game and wham the Stars win on the road.....I have no idea what will happen next....I just hope the Flyers can do the same today
    I am thinking the same thing now too. Is Dallas gaining some momentum? I think we all agree Turco is the better goalie in the series.

I would be happy if Dallas wins this series and then the Cup. It would make it easier to swallow the fact that they eliminated the Sharks Plus a friend of mine is a big Wings fan and I would ride him about it all summer long!

My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    For pure entertainment, you'd be hard pressed to do better than Pittsburgh/Dallas. As good as Detroit is, they are about as much fun to watch as the proverbial "paint drying".

Turco's A-game against Crosby, Malkin, Staal, etc., would be worth the price of admission. And Ott vs Ruutu would be great fun as well. It never really panned out against Philly because Stevens was smart enough to know how much of a liability that Downie can be.

Then there's Gonchar vs Zubov, Morrow and Modano vs Dupuis and Malone...

I really hope that Dallas can pull it off so that we can see an entertaining final.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Baxter
    Wings vs. Pitt...

This will tell us how real Pittsburgh is now.....They better hope that the Best Offence is the Best Defence...I think the only way they can stop the Wings...Keep The Puck.....It should be fun to watch for a little while...

Detroit wins the Stanley Cup...Lidstrom is the 1st Euro Captain to Win the Cup and Wins the Conn Smyth as well.....Hockey is over, Bob's your uncle, let's get ready for the draft....

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Wings in 7.

Thread Information