CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

Talking RRROLL UP the rim to WIN is Back!

Okay, so I am bored

Sheesh, last time I won zippo the entire time and my first 3 XL's were all winners!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    0 for 5 so far
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Okay, so I am bored

Sheesh, last time I won zippo the entire time and my first 3 XL's were all winners!
    Usually lots of winners (except for me)the first week or so to get everybody to go more.I never win the last 4 years won 3 times.

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    I used to get several chances to win per day, but this time I am 0 for 0 as I haven't had a Tim's coffee since December.

Quote Originally Posted by lms View Post
    I used to get several chances to win per day, but this time I am 0 for 0 as I haven't had a Tim's coffee since December.

I would be climbing the walls!

That feeling goes away.

That feeling goes away.
    Nope, ya dont with my Timmies When I was in the hospital, it didn't bother me not to smoke, but Bugsy had to bring me a huge thermos (4 XL's) of Timmies every day!!!!

I was the same way, but I finally decided I could find better ways to spend, at my last estimate, about $3k per year.

I was the same way, but I finally decided I could find better ways to spend, at my last estimate, about $3k per year.
    Yup, I am around that, about $5.00 per day during the week and about $10.00 per day on the weekend. As of March 3rd, there will be a Timmies in our cafateria at work and I drink about 4 or 5 coffe at work so it will now be about $15.00 a day during the week. What to hell, waste on on golf equipment or coffee... same difference.

But for $3k you can almost buy a nice putter.

That is not a waste is it?

But for $3k you can almost buy a nice putter.

That is not a waste is it?
    I don't with my Timmies......

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I'm enjoying a nice cup of Pres Choice custom perked.
    I have never understood why anyone would prefer Timmies over a pot you make at home. You can buy the exact coffee you like and brew it to your personal taste for a fraction of the price. Get a coffee maker for at work. Then use the money you save on green fees.

I even know people who will leave the house, drive to Timmies return with the java and walk right by their own coffee pot as they walk through the kitchen.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    I never understood what the big deal with tims coffee is. Sure If I'm running late and I need a fix before my round I'll stop by and also grab some breakfast as well but to leave the house for coffee when I can make it at come, and make it more to my liking? Doesn't make sense. Heck, I could drink gourmet coffee for the rest of my life and it would still be cheaper than drinking tims everyday.

DK's post reminded me of something I had read a while ago, here it is :S I wonder how someone found out about this
    -------------------

Kopi Luwak is a rare and gourmet coffee from Indonesia that is made from beans passed through the digestive system of cat like animals.

The Truth:
    Kopi Luwak does exist, is very expensive, and is made from coffee beans passed through the digestive system of an Indonesian cat. The people who harvest the digested beans don't really have to pick through cat litter to get it. The animal processes the beans and excretes them whole, unscratched, and without dung.

According to the Manila Coffee House, the palm civet just happens to like to ingest the ripest and reddest coffee beans, which also happen to be the ones best for brewing. The cat eats the outer covering of the beans in the same way that is accomplished by de-pulping machines. Something happens to the beans in the journey through the cat's intestines that gives it a flavor that is celebrated by coffee drinkers.
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    I never understood what the big deal with tims coffee is. Sure If I'm running late and I need a fix before my round I'll stop by and also grab some breakfast as well but to leave the house for coffee when I can make it at come, and make it more to my liking? Doesn't make sense. Heck, I could drink gourmet coffee for the rest of my life and it would still be cheaper than drinking tims everyday.

DK's post reminded me of something I had read a while ago, here it is :S I wonder how someone found out about this
    -------------------

Kopi Luwak is a rare and gourmet coffee from Indonesia that is made from beans passed through the digestive system of cat like animals.

The Truth:
    Kopi Luwak does exist, is very expensive, and is made from coffee beans passed through the digestive system of an Indonesian cat. The people who harvest the digested beans don't really have to pick through cat litter to get it. The animal processes the beans and excretes them whole, unscratched, and without dung.

According to the Manila Coffee House, the palm civet just happens to like to ingest the ripest and reddest coffee beans, which also happen to be the ones best for brewing. The cat eats the outer covering of the beans in the same way that is accomplished by de-pulping machines. Something happens to the beans in the journey through the cat's intestines that gives it a flavor that is celebrated by coffee drinkers.
    It's not that it's good. It's that it's addictive. And it's not just the caffeine. A couple summers ago when I was back in Ottawa I had timmy's every morning. Got back out to BC, where Timmy's is scarce, and after my morning cup of coffee from the campus coffee shop (better quality than Timmy's, actually), it just felt like it hadn't quite done the trick. Something was missing. Have you ever noticed that, once Timmy's gets cold, or if you leave the dregs out overnight...it kind of smells like an ashtray? I swear, they put some nicotine, or crack, or nutmeg in that stuff. But I'm not complaining. I love it.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    I love my Timmies for sure.....never really cared much for it until I lived in Hamilton for a few years. Where there is At least one tims per block. I am the guy that leaves the house gets my Tims and walks right past my coffee maker at home.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark View Post
    I love my Timmies for sure.....never really cared much for it until I lived in Hamilton for a few years. Where there is At least one tims per block. I am the guy that leaves the house gets my Tims and walks right past my coffee maker at home.
    I'm with you, I would rather have tims than home brewed crap anytime Although in all honesty, I would drink any coffee, even instant coffe out of a vending machine. I love my coffee but I cherish my Tims

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    I have been known to go to Tim's and bring one back home for my wife in the morning before I leave for work.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road

Don’t throw away your “Please Play Again” cups from Tim Hortons!

Don’t throw away your “Please Play Again” cups from Tim Hortons! You can use redeem them for a free medium coffee from Country style! Anyone who brings their losing tab into a Country Style store from March 3 to 9 will get a free medium cup of coffee

http://smartcanucks.ca/canadian-free...l-up-the-rims/

I have not confirm this but someone might want to check it out.... I stopped drinking coffee back in November due Doctor's advice...

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    man...i never win...ever. So disappointing.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    20 cups and so far 00000

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    0 for 1 after this morning. I did however win $40 in that millionaire lotto last night.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Oh-fer here as well

7 for 16 )))

5 coffees and 2 doughnuts!

Make that 9 for 20

7 Coffee 2 doughnuts

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 314314 View Post
    Don’t throw away your “Please Play Again” cups from Tim Hortons! You can use redeem them for a free medium coffee from Country style! Anyone who brings their losing tab into a Country Style store from March 3 to 9 will get a free medium cup of coffee

http://smartcanucks.ca/canadian-free...l-up-the-rims/

I have not confirm this but someone might want to check it out.... I stopped drinking coffee back in November due Doctor's advice...
    Good marketing by CS. CS actually brews a better tasting cup of coffee. But there is something about Tim's...

I used to not be able to drive by the Tim's that's on my route to work without stopping, but now I brew my own Sumartra (Starchukkers) at home - decaf nonetheless!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Make that 9 for 20

7 Coffee 2 doughnuts
    That's it buddy, use up all of that good luck before we hit the golf course..........

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    That's it buddy, use up all of that good luck before we hit the golf course..........
    What I do on the golf course isn't luck...... I am not saying its skill, but its not luck

Thread Information