CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

For the Computer Whizzes....

My GF had some pages with her business letterhead printed up. I want to scan the page (it has the letterhead in the upper left portion of the page and a company slogan along the bottom of the page) so she can type letters to her customers without having to use the seperate sheets she had made up, but so far no luck. Anyone have any suggestions? It seems, once I've scanned the page I can't add any typing to it no matter what format I use or program I use to open the scanned document with. Help please.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

3 Wood nhwott5 is on a distinguished road
    woudl you not rather take the letter head and make it a header in word doc, adn th slogan a footer?

I'm trying that now, but when I copy the header from the saved scanned file it comes up too big on the word document I'm trying to save it to. On the original the header is in the upper left corner of the page, but when I copy it and paste it to a word document it comes up centred and much bigger than the original. Haven't even tried the footer yet.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    If you've got a digital camera use your macro setting and take a picture of it and then insert the picture into the proper area. You can just create a box for the picture and resize to your content.

Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    If you've got a digital camera use your macro setting and take a picture of it and then insert the picture into the proper area. You can just create a box for the picture and resize to your content.

Now you're just confusing me more Gerry. I don't mess around with the digicam. I had one member pm me to try and help. I just need to hear back as to which format I need to email them a copy of the letter. I almost had it, but it still doesn't fit in a word document as nicely as the original looks. And for some reason the quality of the lettering is less. I'm hoping I'll get it all figured out soon enough. Other than posting For Sale threads, I'm not all that computer literate. LOL!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    I'm trying that now, but when I copy the header from the saved scanned file it comes up too big on the word document I'm trying to save it to. On the original the header is in the upper left corner of the page, but when I copy it and paste it to a word document it comes up centred and much bigger than the original. Haven't even tried the footer yet.
    It sounds like you are trying to paste the scanned image within the text frame of the word document.

You need to paste it onto the background of the document so that it isn't anchored to any text.

Since it is an image, you should be able to resize it as well.

If you still aren't able to get it to work shoot me the file and I'll fix it up for you.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

I figured it out and got it to work, now my problem is when I print off a copy the lettering has a greenish shade to it. Not solid black like the original. Any thoughts?

3 Wood nhwott5 is on a distinguished road
    WHAT SETTIGNS ARE YOU USING ON YOUR PRINTER? IF IT IS USING ALL COLOURS, IT WILL TRY TO MAKE BLACK by using all the different colours, you need to force the balck carteridge ( if you have a separate carteridge for black ink that is)

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    It could also be that the scan has a green tinge to it.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Hey Geoff,

What is happening is that you have a picture of the page. Put it on your page,
    then right click and change the "Habillage" -- not sure what it is called in english. That will let you type on top of the picture.

You could also go the background route but usually it is not as dark so would have to play with the darkness....

When printing, you should be able to tell the printer to print in black only... so the greenish color should disappear..... unless you want the header in color.

You would be better to scan the header and the footer seperately and then add them to the page at the top and at the bottom. You would have the middle of the page to type your message.

Ask if you have more prob...

JGuy

Thanks everyone. I switched to "Black Ink Only" and it worked just fine. Looks just like the original.

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road
    Good thing to I was about to suggest ...

Hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys and keep hitting the Delete key until you are statisfied that the computer will do your bidding. If that doesn't work then tell the GF that it is even beyond the ability of even NASA then go hit some golf balls.
    Back at it.

Thread Information