100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar

Crosby Hurt.........a sense of panic insues

So Crosby gets hurt tonight suffering a high ankle strain (4-6 weeks) and most of the talk I'm hearing is about lost league revenues???? WTF is that??

I don't even like Sid the whiney baby but it's just not right that the initial concern is for lost revenue as opposed to the player himself

But I guess this is what our beloved game has become

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I couldn't believe it when they said that
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    So Crosby gets hurt tonight suffering a high ankle strain (4-6 weeks) and most of the talk I'm hearing is about lost league revenues???? WTF is that??

I don't even like Sid the whiney baby but it's just not right that the initial concern is for lost revenue as opposed to the player himself

But I guess this is what our beloved game has become
    Well there goes back to back Art Ross and Hart trophies.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Well there goes back to back Art Ross and Hart trophies.
    Do you even think is was a top candiate for the Hart?? Alexander the Great has pretty much single handedly put the Caps in the play-off hunt. Iggy seems to be the leading guy out in the Western Conference and #11 on the Sens ain't so bad either.

IMO back to back Harts were far from a sure thing

Do you even think is was a top candiate for the Hart?? Alexander the Great has pretty much single handedly put the Caps in the play-off hunt. Iggy seems to be the leading guy out in the Western Conference and #11 on the Sens ain't so bad either.

IMO back to back Harts were far from a sure thing
    Maybe not, but missing a month will certainly hurt his attempt at repeating. But honestly, the Pens make the playoffs Crosby is the reason. About the only real support he gets is from Malkin. They have terrible D, and a lacking support cast up front. As goes Crosby, so goes the Pens. And I'm pretty sure this injury will prove this.

And as bad as the Caps are, Ovechkin still has more help than Crosby. Granted the Caps D is probably worse than the Pens', but Alex the Great does have Nylander (although he is now injured), Semin and a much better goalie in Kolzig (who is facing 30-40 shots on a nightly basis).
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Maybe not, but missing a month will certainly hurt his attempt at repeating. But honestly, the Pens make the playoffs Crosby is the reason. About the only real support he gets is from Malkin. They have terrible D, and a lacking support cast up front. As goes Crosby, so goes the Pens. And I'm pretty sure this injury will prove this.
    Missing a month will pretty much kill his chance unless he comes back and leads the team on some wild winning streak.

I bet they wish they hadn't traded Mark Recchi now........

Missing a month will pretty much kill his chance unless he comes back and leads the team on some wild winning streak.

I bet they wish they hadn't traded Mark Recchi now........

They were right to get rid of Recchi. He is done. It took a change of scenery to get his competitive juices flowing again. He took his time and place in Pitts for granted. Give it a bit longer and he'll be riding the pine in Atlanta soon enough.

They were right to get rid of Recchi. He is done. It took a change of scenery to get his competitive juices flowing again. He took his time and place in Pitts for granted. Give it a bit longer and he'll be riding the pine in Atlanta soon enough.
    Oooooh, 19 points in 19 games is pretty solid. His best years are certainly behind him but a point a game guy is still a pretty rare thing in today's game

Oooooh, 19 points in 19 games is pretty solid. His best years are certainly behind him but a point a game guy is still a pretty rare thing in today's game

He's still in that "point to prove" mode. Give him a bit longer and you'll probably see him in the press box. From just watching some games his effectiveness is limited now. His points are also a big by product of playing on the Thrashers powerplay with Kovalchuk, Kozlov and Hossa. Hard not to get points when playing with those guys.

He's still in that "point to prove" mode. Give him a bit longer and you'll probably see him in the press box. From just watching some games his effectiveness is limited now. His points are also a big by product of playing on the Thrashers powerplay with Kovalchuk, Kozlov and Hossa. Hard not to get points when playing with those guys.
    It'll be even harder when Hoss comes back to Ottawa

It'll be even harder when Hoss comes back to Ottawa

Wouldn't that be nice.

Wouldn't that be nice.
    Words can't describe how sweet that would be

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Not that I've researched this, but isn't Hossa a better player in Atlanta than he was in Ottawa?

Crosby would have been the Hart winner again because he means more to his team and also, the game. The US (see Mr. Bettman) would much rather hang the fate of the league on a Canadian kid (see Sidney) than a Russian (see Ovechkin).

I find so many sports make the mistake of making the highest point getter the most valuable player. Basketball does it right. Steve Nash made the biggest difference to the rest of the players around him, although Kobe is the most flamboyant "newsworthy" player in the league (now with Lebron).

But hockey generally goes with the point getter I find. Lecavalier gives his team a great opportunity to win by being a high point getter, but the rest of the team coughs that up.

I'd say Luongo is the MVP of the league, but yeah, I have him in my pool!

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    In the NBA Nash has probably the most NHL points.

Points + assists = Nash has the most (so he is the MVP)

Last night Nash had 13 pts and 20 assists....

In the NHL Goals + Asists = Points and leader is sometime (often) the MVP.

I think the NHL MVP is quite open this year and all the players mention have a really good chance...

In the NBA it will be Nash, Lebron, Kobe or Nowitski .... all the highest scorers.

Thread Information