100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar

Toronto needs to take a chill pill

So, I was on tsn.ca a few minutes ago, and sure enough, the lead story is about the Leafs. Nothing exciting, really..here it is:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=227520&hubname=

So then I realized that in the entire article, there's not a single mention of the fact that the Leafs actually won their last game. They mention two losing streaks, but not one mention of the fact they won their last game. The closest they come is saying that their season-high loosing streak is over. Some optimism. How do you honestly expect a team to perform when, even when they win a game, all they hear is negative press. It's like they want the team to fail.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    It's like they want the team to fail.
    Maybe they've finally figured out what the rest of Canada wants to hear?
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Maybe the media is on board with a lot of Leafs fans hoping they do poorly enough to wake someone up in management and actually REBUILD!
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    So, I was on tsn.ca a few minutes ago, and sure enough, the lead story is about the Leafs. Nothing exciting, really..here it is:

So then I realized that in the entire article, there's not a single mention of the fact that the Leafs actually won their last game. They mention two losing streaks, but not one mention of the fact they won their last game. The closest they come is saying that their season-high loosing streak is over. Some optimism. How do you honestly expect a team to perform when, even when they win a game, all they hear is negative press. It's like they want the team to fail.
    I don't know, just a thought... It maybe because everytime the Leafs do this (win a game after a 5-6 game losing streak) and people start talking about it (the win) all the Leafs-haters come out and mock the fans and Toronto-based press for trying to be positive about a realistically bad situation.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar

Maybe its cause the media understands even what the leaf players do... 1 win after a long losing streak is nowhere NEAR enough for a team like the leafs. Or maybe the media has realized, as mentioned before, that this team is terrible, no matter if they win a game and know the worst thing for this team is to make it to the playoffs, false hope!!

The leafs are like the Penguins were about 5 years ago, they gotta trade some of their few assets for some draft picks as this is one of the deepest drafts in years, hopefully they won't do the typical and trade away THEIR OWN draft picks for 2nd tier NHLers.

The leafs have to get away from the "right now" attitude and look at the future... that means getting rid of JFJ NOW, you think a lame duck GM is gonna pull the trigger to trade Sundin/Kaberle etc. and basically sign his own resignation?? NEVER

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Looks like the 2007-2008 Team Photo is out
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBack View Post
    Looks like the 2007-2008 Team Photo is out

You guys are heartless (keep them coming!)
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Thread Information