CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar

Rangers Western Roadtrip

No offence to Sens fans, but I still think that the road to the Stanley Cup goes through the Western Conference. The Rangers who have arguably one of the deepest talent pools in the league, are being outworked and outhustled by the lowly Oilers (14th in the West).

It's a totally different game out there. Speed to burn. The pace is unreal. The crispness of the passes. It's definitely more fun to watch.

My Leafs are going out there for 3 games next week. I don't think it's going to be pretty.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    No offence Rich, that fact was proven last spring. Hopefully the Sens have learned from it and will be prepared come this June.

I have a feeling that this could be the road trip that causes the 'fit to hit the shan' in the Leaf's organization.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I have a feeling that this could be the road trip that causes the 'fit to hit the shan' in the Leaf's organization.
    I sure 'sope ho'.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    I sure 'sope ho'.
    Hey, at least some Russian Billionaire has stepped forward looking to buy the Leafs. That is probably what it will take, new ownership.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hey, at least some Russian Billionaire has stepped forward looking to buy the Leafs. That is probably what it will take, new ownership.
    Actually, he's Canadian. He immigrated from Russia about 20 years ago. The rumour is he's trying to buy the whole of MLSE (Leafs, Raptors, Toronto FC, ACC, etc.), valued in the neighbourhood of $1.5B. The major problem IMO is that while the Leafs suck, and the Raptors are playing .500 at best, they are still making money hand over fist. As long as the sheep continue to flock to the slaughter, The Ontario Teacher's Pension Fund will have a hard time letting go of the golden goose, at any price.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Actually, he's Canadian. He immigrated from Russia about 20 years ago. The rumour is he's trying to buy the whole of MLSE (Leafs, Raptors, Toronto FC, ACC, etc.), valued in the neighbourhood of $1.5B. The major problem IMO is that while the Leafs suck, and the Raptors are playing .500 at best, they are still making money hand over fist. As long as the sheep continue to flock to the slaughter, The Ontario Teacher's Pension Fund will have a hard time letting go of the golden goose, at any price.
    I could not agree more

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    not gonna happen, although it would be the best thing for leaf fans. Why would a corporate sell an asset that is making them TONS of money without producing a successful product for its largest source (leafs)?? If they are valued at 1.5, its gonna take a LOT more than that to get them to sell.

Thread Information