100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar

Awesome Site (If You're Opinionated)

I wouldn't recommend this site for the easily offended. It's full of vitriol and controversial opinions. It's also full of foul language.

I just love reading it because I believe the world has become so tolerant that it's rare to hear someone voice genuine opinions anymore.

MADDOX

And please don't lambast me with replies as to how this is controversial. I've already warned you. It's all in good fun!

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    It is my "genuine opinion" that MADDOX is a jerk. Judging by the ratio of hate mail to fan mail that he receives, I would say that 99% of people in the world share my "genuine opinion" - so I hardly think there is anything "controversial" here. IMHO, a "controversy" only exists when there are two sides to an issue and one side has more than a handful of people supporting it.

FWIW, I consider "tolerance" of other people's views, opinions, values, cultures, etc. to be a good thing - even the views of jerks like MADDOX.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    It is my "genuine opinion" that MADDOX is a jerk. Judging by the ratio of hate mail to fan mail that he receives, I would say that 99% of people in the world share my "genuine opinion" - so I hardly think there is anything "controversial" here. IMHO, a "controversy" only exists when there are two sides to an issue and one side has more than a handful of people supporting it.

FWIW, I consider "tolerance" of other people's views, opinions, values, cultures, etc. to be a good thing - even the views of jerks like MADDOX.
    Hehe... Was waiting for the first of these. I never said I support his views (although I do agree with some of his stuff). I'm just saying it's an interesting read. He's obviously a relatively intelligent guy who has nothing better to do than spew his animosity on the public via the internet.

Gauging anything by the percentages of hatemail versus fanmail that he receives is silly, since he chooses what to put on his site. He prefers the hatemail because it allows him to arbitrarily assassinate the character of the person who wrote it. That's my favourite part of the site!!! It's like Letterman on coke! (Moreso)

I post things like this to enlighten and expose people to the "fun" side of life, where we don't worry about what we say, because we realize that the person listening always has the right to walk away and not listen.

Maddox's site gets enough hits per month to validate its existence. It's funny, if you can let go of the politically correct guidelines....

Cheers,
    Dan

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    I wouldn't recommend this site for the easily offended. It's full of vitriol and controversial opinions. It's also full of foul language.
    I actually like reading Maddox, but don't always agree. I enjoyed his whole kids-art thing cause it wasn't really hurting anyone, and was funny.

But some of his stuff is weak, like his recent ones...hes running out of steam, i think.

2 Iron yun is on a distinguished road

wicked

Hey... this site is pretty good. Sure, I don't agree with some of the stuff he says, but it's for a pretty good laugh. I want his car.

Yun

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Woods
    I actually like reading Maddox, but don't always agree. I enjoyed his whole kids-art thing cause it wasn't really hurting anyone, and was funny.

But some of his stuff is weak, like his recent ones...hes running out of steam, i think.
    Could be. Last I heard, he was getting promoted to some new job, so he didn't have as much time on his hands.

Dan

Thread Information