CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Burner Driver

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar

Burner Driver

Just wanted to ask everyone's opinion on the TM Burner Driver. Tried it at GT and loved it.

Scott

wahz
    I just got my Burner TP and it feels AWESOME! Can't wait to get on the course with it!

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wahz View Post
    I just got my Burner TP and it feels AWESOME! Can't wait to get on the course with it!
    Wahz,

As you know, I can't resist anything new, picked up my Burner TP at Golftown a couple of days ago. To me the face looks perfectly square, not closed like the majority of the regular retails I saw. Like you, anxious to get it out on the course.

Smile

Great! I agree Michael, the face does not seem to be closed as all the others. My X460 driver is that way and I never really felt comfortable when setting up to hit it. Is the sale still on at GT for the burner?

Scott

Sand Wedge spooner_jr is on a distinguished road
    Do they have the TP at Golftown? I've only seen the regular one in Whitby, how much?

wahz
    Yes, GT should have them...You might have to ask for it, it might be in their stock room. $499...a great price for a TP driver

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by spooner_jr View Post
    Do they have the TP at Golftown? I've only seen the regular one in Whitby, how much?
    They have the TP at the Ottawa Golftown (499), that is where I got mine. They don't have them on display, you have to ask for them.

Putter goldiekt1 is on a distinguished road goldiekt1's Avatar

burner driver

hi,
    just recently bought the taylormade burner.
    The thing crushes your ball.
    I used to only hit the ball only 250 sumtimes 260.
    Now with a lesson and a few weeks I am out there with my friend round the corner at 290 the occasional 300. which kicks ass. I knew when i tested it out i would get an average of 15 yards with the club.
    I even drove a 305 yard par 4.

soz about all the boasting but the club rocks !!

cheers.

Albatross Smoothie is on a distinguished road Smoothie's Avatar
    I just demo'd this driver as well and loved it. Very forgiving and long enough for me. I wouldn't say its the longest driver out there, but very forgiving and straight. I'm considering getting one, but am also looking at the ft-5 and Sumo.

I'm also concerned about the length at 46" for the Burner. With everyone going to shorter lengths to gain control, not sure how comfortable I am with a 46" driver.

Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar
    Just purchased the Burner. Must say that it's shorter then my Cobra XX-Speed. Let you know tomorrow what I think of it.
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

Lance told me this driver was sick....man it's by far the best session Iève ever had at the range with a driver. I hit my 2nd bucket in near pitch black conditions. Not knowing that the Embrun driving range closes at 8 pm. I had to beg for a 2nd bucket cause I only had about 10 balls left when they were locking the door. I ran up to the young lady and say you got to sell me another bucket before you leave. I'm not ready to leave yet LOL.

Straight and great distance, not sure it's as long as my past Cobra's but it feels so sweet. The sound is interesting but not as good as the ear peircing of the Cobra's. Saturday I will be playing a round at Casselview for a real test.

So far it's blown me away

How did it go today? Thinking on changing my R7 to the Burner. It was a toss up between the two when I bought it. Lately, I'm not liking the high launch flight of the R7.

Scott

Couldn't make it today, it's eating me up inside. I did get to go to the driving range a 2nd time. Prob hit 20 balls with it and again I was hitting the ball with a straight tragectory. But I did seem to hit it a little left at times but no slice. Must be a lineup prob. It is deep, not to high and ...well....I think I'm in love LOL

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    Couldn't make it today, it's eating me up inside. I did get to go to the driving range a 2nd time. Prob hit 20 balls with it and again I was hitting the ball with a straight tragectory. But I did seem to hit it a little left at times but no slice. Must be a lineup prob. It is deep, not to high and ...well....I think I'm in love LOL

From what I hear, the non-TP Burner is well designed to help with the slice. Most low cappers prefer the TP model because they find the non-TP model to be a hook machine.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

just tried my burner out and must say it's great. It flies off the tee compared to my R7 which just parachuted. How did you find the burner Bullet?

Scott

Played 27 holes on tuesday and 18 yesterday. I......love it. Really really love it. Sounds weird but hits amazing.

Driver overswing is on a distinguished road overswing's Avatar
    i bought a burner last week. this thing is an absolute cannon. switched from a tm r7 425. i picked up a solid 15 yards, and gained a ton more forgivness. you can step up and swing your nads off with this driver and no matter where you hit it on the face it just goes. an absolute bomber.

so I hear some fellow posters tried out my Burner on saturday. 6 wood was saying he was getting to much height with the 10.5 but liked the overall feeling.Any other opinions?

I do find the launch a little high but I have no complaints with it. I have consistently hit my drives at least 270+ when I don't pull the ball into the woods. Today had a couple of 300 yard drives at the meadows which helped me finally break 90. The Draw was only going 270. Still getting used to it but it is by far an awesome driver!!!
    Scott

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Demoed one today, and I'll sum it up in one word: Ugh! Not a fan at all.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Lob Wedge toro57 is on a distinguished road
    I demo'ed one last week and was hitting duck hooks or just way too high...maybe the 9.5 has a less closed face...might be worth another try

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    just got a burner hit 11 of 14 fairways at Upper canada the 3 I missed were maybe 5 feet in the rough very long with a slight fade to dead straight

Thread Information