CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Since this is still going on, thought I would ask the following. What about the guy who hits his PW 88 yds and driver 245 - 260 yds.....???

SOMEBODY SHOOT ME !!!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

3 Iron hello_world is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer View Post
    And here is another example. from his PW to his 3-wood, he has a 100-yard gap. It's probably safe to say that if Jeff put a driver on that list, he'd hit it further than 230.
    What is the bid deal man? every post you have some rebuttal. maybe its just the distance the guy hits... not everyone follows your secret formula

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    My suggestion to EG is come back to Ottawa for a visit in July. Enter yourself in the Ottawa Citizen Amateur tournament and see how your club/distance theory works out on your scorecard............
    Best of luck........
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    My suggestion to EG is come back to Ottawa for a visit in July. Enter yourself in the Ottawa Citizen Amateur tournament and see how your club/distance theory works out on your scorecard............
    Best of luck........
    I don't understand your comparison....What does entering a tournament have to do with a distance gap? And in what relation does it have to do with scoring?

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road
    EG you are not alone ... I also think it is odd.

I have tried to make sure that spread between my all clubs were consistent (about 12.5yds). For me this requires two things (that I am aware of):
    - lofts within the 4° gap (easy to check)
    - same swing for all clubs (high hcp so only 1 swing available)

IMO - a 10yd gap only works for some people (like Dan) because as the SS gets higher the gap should expand (and vice versa for slower SS).
    Back at it.

Hybrid harbacostal is on a distinguished road
    EG you are relentless. And I am going to hazard a guess that people are reading tone into your posts that may or may not be there. Ultimately who cares? Can't we all just agree to disagree?

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harbacostal View Post
    EG you are relentless. And I am going to hazard a guess that people are reading tone into your posts that may or may not be there. Ultimately who cares? Can't we all just agree to disagree?
    If you have a look back to post #35, the entire debate or conversation about my OPINION could have ended there. Geoff is the one who kept it going by commenting on an opinion I posted. I don't see what the big deal was. I decided it was odd, Geoff decided it didn't matter, and basically, there was no reason to bring it up. That's like running a dictatorship. People are allowed to post their opinions without having them questioned or told they should not post them. So, in response to his comments, I gave examples of my reasoning. There was also nothing wrong with that.

I stopped talking about it on the page before this one. PEI seems to be the one trying to stir the pot here, and I don't really understand why, nor do I understand his relation between entering a tournament and scoring, compared to the yardage gap opinion I had.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    If you have a look back to post #35, the entire debate or conversation about my OPINION could have ended there. Geoff is the one who kept it going by commenting on an opinion I posted. I don't see what the big deal was. I decided it was odd, Geoff decided it didn't matter, and basically, there was no reason to bring it up. That's like running a dictatorship. People are allowed to post their opinions without having them questioned or told they should not post them. So, in response to his comments, I gave examples of my reasoning. There was also nothing wrong with that.

I stopped talking about it on the page before this one. PEI seems to be the one trying to stir the pot here, and I don't really understand why, nor do I understand his relation between entering a tournament and scoring, compared to the yardage gap opinion I had.
    A dictatorship??? Please, get real here EG. You made a comment very similar to this when you first started visiting the site, if you don't like it here there are many other golf sites out there to visit You are definately entitled to you opinion and I said there was nothing with that. It was your constant hounding of Jarred and constant need to back up your opinion to be "right" that kept me answering. If you look back, my comments of "who cares" were made long ago in trying to put this to bed.

I do agree though, not sure what the point of PEI's comment was. Not really relevant here.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    This thread is gong nowhere since the last two pages or so.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    I don't understand your comparison....What does entering a tournament have to do with a distance gap? And in what relation does it have to do with scoring?
    You are asking "What relation does it have to do with scoring"..........???

Then EG why should you think the distance gap issue is so important??

You are losing me here EG............????

Is not golf based on the fewest number of strokes to get the ball in the hole......using WHAT EVER MEANS works best for that particular golfer??

Many a club pro can beat the pants off a mid hadicapper using just a 7 iron, wedge, and putter. It has been proven time and time again...........

If a player is comfortable with a certain club he can also "choke up" or reduce the backswing which will adjust the distance. This has worked for many Pros..........

EG I do have a further question. Do you have your CPGA Teaching Card.....??
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    You are asking "What relation does it have to do with scoring"..........???

Then EG why should you think the distance gap issue is so important??

You are losing me here EG............????

Is not golf based on the fewest number of strokes to get the ball in the hole......using WHAT EVER MEANS works best for that particular golfer??

Many a club pro can beat the pants off a mid hadicapper using just a 7 iron, wedge, and putter. It has been proven time and time again...........

If a player is comfortable with a certain club he can also "choke up" or reduce the backswing which will adjust the distance. This has worked for many Pros..........

EG I do have a further question. Do you have your CPGA Teaching Card.....??
    And on that note, I think this has run its course.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information