CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Shotmaker acadian is on a distinguished road acadian's Avatar

thanks dan

I really enjoyed my round yesterday. Always loved the intersectional,,different kind of atmosphere.
    You sure do hit those woods nicely dan,,don't know much guys who can hit woods within 150 and spank it 10 feet to the pin a couple times,,good stuff.
    Yeah i don't know if it was the air or what , ,but man that ball was flying like crazzy yesterday , and i only considered myself an average hitter ,not a bomber,,felt kinda nice ,heheh
    But that travis from canadian sure could put ,,havn't seen a guy put like that in a long long time.
    Thanks again Dan
    Looking forward to next year

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    It was a great day also. Thanks to all and especially the Manderley staff and players for their hospitality. As Dan said, we met but did not have time to chat. It was team meeting time. It was nice to put a face to a name.

I won all three match totalling 6 points but I did not play well. Shaun from Lombard Glen played himself out early. That was done 7 and 6.

Rodger was surprising. He hits the ball short but was chipping and putting surprisingly well. I was leading from the start but could not shake him until 16th.

Barney from Canadian gave me run for my money. I was one down after 9 and three down after 14. It’s at that point that I started playing my game. I was two down at the 16th with three to go. Game on. I won 16. Pounded a 300+ drive on 17 and squared up the match. The match was even on the 18th tee off. Pounded another monster but missed the fairway in the short side so I was lying in the thick stuff. Missed the green but made a 4 footer for par to win the match with a great comeback finish. That made my day.

HP won. Canadian will be hosting next year in their division. I think the points were HP-51, CDN-37 and the rest I’m not sure but Manderley finished 3rd.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Quote Originally Posted by acadian View Post
    I really enjoyed my round yesterday. Always loved the intersectional,,different kind of atmosphere.
    You sure do hit those woods nicely dan,,don't know much guys who can hit woods within 150 and spank it 10 feet to the pin a couple times,,good stuff.
    Yeah i don't know if it was the air or what , ,but man that ball was flying like crazzy yesterday , and i only considered myself an average hitter ,not a bomber,,felt kinda nice ,heheh
    But that travis from canadian sure could put ,,havn't seen a guy put like that in a long long time.
    Thanks again Dan
    Looking forward to next year

Give me a break Cam. You can hit them long with the big boys any day. I have seen you hit your share of 300+ drives. Were you hitting those little draws again?

Gap Wedge shotpar is on a distinguished road shotpar's Avatar
    Morning all!
    What a fun day it was yesterday.
    I took 2 of 4 points for Emerald links yesterday, but we lost by 1 point to
    Mountain Creek. Links O'tay were only 2 back of us.
    The Gatineau could not field a team this year so they were automatically
    relegated to 4th spot otherwise we would have seen Moe Proulx this year.

It came right down to the final match.
    Great weather, great company.
    Thanks to Tom and Phil for a fun day.
    You can never golf too much. What was that dear? Oh okay. Maybe you can.

Shotmaker acadian is on a distinguished road acadian's Avatar

thanks mike

Hehe , you guys have to stop , my head is gona strat to swell up , heheh
    Yeah i still had that little draw,,seems to add a few yards compared to fades i used to hit.
    Yeah , i definetly had a couple drives over 300 ,, on the one with 2 ponds(par 5) i actually had 216 yards left and took a 5 iron pin high put to the right ,,so that was a nice smack. It's that G2 , i think it should be considered illigal, heheh ,
    or maybe the spinach that i have been eating lately
    but you know what , i would trade all that distance for your(mberube) consistency anyday
    Hopefully you'll give cote and plouffe a run for their money in the club championship at the end of september,,,i'm rooting for ya

Hehe , you guys have to stop , my head is gona strat to swell up , heheh
    Yeah i still had that little draw,,seems to add a few yards compared to fades i used to hit.
    Yeah , i definetly had a couple drives over 300 ,, on the one with 2 ponds(par 5) i actually had 216 yards left and took a 5 iron pin high put to the right ,,so that was a nice smack. It's that G2 , i think it should be considered illigal, heheh ,
    or maybe the spinach that i have been eating lately
    but you know what , i would trade all that distance for your(mberube) consistency anyday
    Hopefully you'll give cote and plouffe a run for their money in the club championship at the end of september,,,i'm rooting for ya
    That’s why I call you Popeye.

Now that’s a complement I don’t deserve…..But I’ll take it anyway.

Dan, wasn’t mpare playing for your team?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Sure he was. He was in group 2.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Ah! I missed him. He was probably playing against Fred. The longest hitter in our squad.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    LOL That was not a "wood"! I have been fighting off the shanks lately so I ordered some KZG Utility Irons (hybrids) in 30, 34 and 38 degrees form Don at Artisan last Monday. They equate to a 7, 8 and 9 Iron. I picked them up on Saturday and went to the range to check them out. I was not ready to put all 3 in the bag, so I just swapped out the 8 iron for the 34 degree UI. 120 yards on the money. I was wondering if anyone would notice my "secret weapon"! It was risky, but it worked out!
    I may put all 3 of them in the bag this week and see how it goes. They do look odd though.
    I also cary a 7 wood for 160 yards and a 26 degree Hybrid for 145 yards. I'm sure it looked like I'd hit a wood from everywhere!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I played against Fred. Really, I should say that I served as a weak foil for his many talents. I played poorly and he shined. It would have taken my A game to beat him and even then, victory would not have been assured. I have played in many provincial amateurs as well as the Canadian Amateur. I have also seen a number of PGA players do their thing. Without a doubt, Fred has PGA tour talent. He bombs it longer than most guys on the Tour (my guess is that he can fly it at least 290), and has a deft touch around the green. His knock down wedges are a thing of beauty and this mid-irons are equally wonderous to behold. As you can tell, I am a big fan of his game. This guy has talent, and best of all, he's a very nice guy. I should add the the two other fellows that were in our group were equally great to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Sure he was. He was in group 2.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

2 Iron up&down is on a distinguished road
    My Team (mississippi) played in the C class. Prescott was an awesome host, the course and mainly the greens were lightning for those small undulating greens. Mississippi and camelot were neck and neck after the 3rd forthsome. It came down to our anchor, a 16 year old who beat out Mr. Hunt of Kanata and tied Mr. Danek of Camelot on number 18 for the win

Moving up to B will be a big challenge!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    I played against Fred. Really, I should say that I served as a weak foil for his many talents. I played poorly and he shined. It would have taken my A game to beat him and even then, victory would not have been assured. I have played in many provincial amateurs as well as the Canadian Amateur. I have also seen a number of PGA players do their thing. Without a doubt, Fred has PGA tour talent. He bombs it longer than most guys on the Tour (my guess is that he can fly it at least 290), and has a deft touch around the green. His knock down wedges are a thing of beauty and this mid-irons are equally wonderous to behold. As you can tell, I am a big fan of his game. This guy has talent, and best of all, he's a very nice guy. I should add the the two other fellows that were in our group were equally great to play with.

It is quite impressive to see him play. He is a new member this year. I don’t consider myself a short hitter but when I play with Fred I never get accustomed to his length. How many guy have you seen hit a 3 iron 250Y from the fairway. It’s unbelievable. He can putt like crazy too. The best part is that he’s a great guy. He will sit down and drink a beer with anyone.

Mike

Thread Information