CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Titleist 981

Putter wegeit is on a distinguished road

Titleist 981

I have played with a set of ping zing 2 clubs this summer. I am consistently pulling my shots to the left. I just picked up a set of Titleist 981 used and would like some feedback on these clubs..any coments.

Alljay
    Quote Originally Posted by wegeit
    I have played with a set of ping zing 2 clubs this summer. I am consistently pulling my shots to the left. I just picked up a set of Titleist 981 used and would like some feedback on these clubs..any coments.
    I've been using a set of 981 irons for a few years now and really like them. I toyed with the idea of replacing them at the beginning of the season, but found that when I hit them, I like the results.

I am not a great golfer (90s), and could probably use more of a game-improvement club, but the feel, distance and look of these clubs suits me.

I like the relatively classic top-line and the set up seems quite natural for me, although I do have a tendency to close the face a bit too much. As a result, I have a tendency to pull some of my shots.

They are not the most forgiving club but off-center hits work out reasonably well. The produce good distance and are more accurate (for me) than some of the other clubs that I've tried. This year, I've hit Calloways and find them to be too thick on top and the heads too large. I tried the Deep Red II's this year and found the swing weight to be too high and did not appreciate the feel of the clubs. But everything is subjective; the clubs that I tried belong to friends who swear by them.

Enjoy your new toys!

Putter wegeit is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Alljay
    I've been using a set of 981 irons for a few years now and really like them. I toyed with the idea of replacing them at the beginning of the season, but found that when I hit them, I like the results.

I am not a great golfer (90s), and could probably use more of a game-improvement club, but the feel, distance and look of these clubs suits me.

I like the relatively classic top-line and the set up seems quite natural for me, although I do have a tendency to close the face a bit too much. As a result, I have a tendency to pull some of my shots.

They are not the most forgiving club but off-center hits work out reasonably well. The produce good distance and are more accurate (for me) than some of the other clubs that I've tried. This year, I've hit Calloways and find them to be too thick on top and the heads too large. I tried the Deep Red II's this year and found the swing weight to be too high and did not appreciate the feel of the clubs. But everything is subjective; the clubs that I tried belong to friends who swear by them.

Enjoy your new toys!
    I have tried the 981 and had a hard time with the lower irons. I took a lesson with my Ping clubs and found out that I was placing the ball a little too far forward in my stance..i do not pull to the left anymore..
    Thanks for the great info Alljay.
    PS tried a set of wilson and did not like the feel of them either

Thread Information