CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Titleist 975J

8 Iron RobC is on a distinguished road

Titleist 975J

Has anyone else found this driver to be unforgiving on off-centre ball contact? Please advise either way.

If not, it could be that the shaft I'm using in it isn't suitable for me.
    "Successful people appear to have blinders on. They go forward...know exactly what they're going to do...and by God they don't look sideways." - Jack Nicklaus

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar

975J

I bought the 975J just before Christmas last year, and it is quite honestly the biggest, baddest, best driver I have ever hit. Not only can I now draw the ball, it has added more than a few yards to my drives. I researched most high end clubs and found that Titleist had what I wanted. Large, appealling club head, biased weighting to encourage a draw(although Titleist will never admit it), and a stiff Graffaloy shaft which is actually rated x-stiff. It is also forgiving...but you still have to make rather solid contact. I could not be happier with this club....now if I could only get my putter working.

That's good to hear and is what Golf Magazine also says on their Website.

I guess I'm going to try a different shaft. I think the one I have is just a little too stiff for me.
    "Successful people appear to have blinders on. They go forward...know exactly what they're going to do...and by God they don't look sideways." - Jack Nicklaus

Putter wegeit is on a distinguished road
    I baught the same driver (8.5) last year and have never had a driver work so well for me. It has added an extra 15 to 20 yards to my drives. I found the grip to be a little small and had it changed. I let a freind of mine try it out and he baught one about 5 weeks ago and realy likes it

It is a great driver. Titliest advised me that to maintain proper swing weight, I needed a shaft of at least 65 grams. With that, I'm now getting 15-25 yards more as well. To anyone reading, these are honestly yards I never had before. I played courses I know and was driving balls through to places I had never been before off the tee.

Putter wegeit is on a distinguished road
    dito on that... I the same tipe of shaft with a stiff tip and it works for me...definitly recomend it anyone.

Thread Information