100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favourite Grip

Hybrid Chris is on a distinguished road Chris's Avatar

Favourite Grip

Most serious golfers replace their grips every year.

From your experience with various manufacturers, which have you found to give you most bang for your $ in terms of comfort and durablity?

Birdie Slammin' Stever is on a distinguished road Slammin' Stever's Avatar

Thumbs up Good grip!

I like the golf pride whisper grips. They feel much the same as winn but cost less and wear longer!

Very close to a soft leather wrap without the hassel or cost!

Stever

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I Like Lambkin half chord grips. A firm feel with no slip at all.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Talking softies

I was using Lambkin half-cord then went to full cord for a couple of years adn now playing with "Golf Pride Softie". they come in different sizes but feel great. I still have a "Lambkin Soft Wrap" on my putter.

You will get better feel and results from any grips you buy and feel confortable with, as long as you clean them regularly.

alice
    I have had Golf Pride Victory Cord on my Taylor Made irons since I got them in 1984. Took off the ones that came with the clubs and put the Cord ones on as soon as I got them. I found that the Cord grips lasted a bit longer. I was playing every day almost and grips would last about a year or so. It also depends how you take care of the grips. If you leave your clubs in the trunk of the car they will contract and expand with the temperature. If you play when it is wet always take your clubs out and let them dry. I also try to clean the grips once a year. Take some warm water with a wee bit of dish soap or detergent in a bucket. Dip the clubs upside down and wipe vigorously with a towel that you don't mind possibly ruining. This removes the build up and keeps your grips kind of tacky. If you're having a tough time holding the club after changing grip types, sometimes the thickness of the grips are a bit different. I use 2 or 3 wraps of tape on my grips depending on thickness.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Thumbs up Golf Pride Softies

I have Golf Pride Softies on my drivers and a Winn grip on my putter and love them both. Great feel!! The Softies cost a little less, so I'll probably get them put on all my other clubs over the winter.

I play about 50 rounds a year and still don't feel they need to be changed EVERY year. IMHO, every second year should do fine if you take care of them, unless you REALLY play a ton of golf. But maybe Steve K(a 100-round-a-year guy I'm told) could weigh on that one!
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    I love Golf pride softie as well. These are on my woods and I put Lamkin Crossline full-cord on my irons. I prefer "soft feel" grips on my woods and a little more "crispy feel" on my irons. But, that is really personal. I tried Winn grips in the past and found them really too soft. I know that they have now different compound on the market but at the time, this was enough to keep me away from these grips. But, I did install one on my putter and I really love the feeling. A Scotty Cameron with a Winn grip is really a great match in comparison with the factory installed cord grip (no longer on the market, only installed on Teryllium and some Pro Platinum putters).

If you want to know the feeling of one of these grips in your hand, just go to the Golfworks store. They have probably 50 grips installed on real shafts that you can try.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road

Whisper grips

I just got new irons with Whisper grips and they're great. They felt a little weird with a glove because they're very tacky, but barehanded they're very soft and comfortable. And they do cushion the impact very well.

Krolik.

Birdie srennick is on a distinguished road srennick's Avatar
    I'm using the new Winn Oversize grips on my woods, and I love them. I've had them on for the last 2 months, and they seem to be holding up quite well contrary to most reviews on Winn Grips.

They are very soft, tacky, and they certainly help cushin upon impact. I'd recommend them for anyone looking for a top quality oversized grip.

They were still quite tacky and "grippy" in the complete downpour I played in a couple of weeks ago.

I payed $13 per grip installed.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Lamkin Crossline. Inexpensive and very comfortable...

Thread Information