CorporateGolfXtra 2024

View Poll Results: What set up would you prefer if you were playing?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arrive Fri, stay over, play 36 Sat, leave Sat

6 15.38%
  • Arrive Fri, stay over, play 18 Sat, stay over, play 18 Sun, leave Sun

9 23.08%
  • Arrive Sat, play 18, stay over, play 18 Sun, leave Sun

20 51.28%
  • Arrive Sat, play 36, stay over, leave Sun

4 10.26%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Portiss View Post
    Uh oh.. Devious.... So that is how you guys roll? LOL

Nope, just don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet. Nothing too embarrassing. Just humiliating. Just kidding.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Good.. Humility is my middl... Wait a minute.. that is a different word...... You tricky bird... LOL
    [B][I][B][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/B][/I][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by M_Portiss View Post
    Good.. Humility is my middl... Wait a minute.. that is a different word...... You tricky bird... LOL
    Gotcha!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    I have been approached with a request and would like some feedback on this. A good friend of mine has started another Ontario based golf site (londongolfer.com). He is also a member here and on TGN. He has seen this thread and was wondering if there would be room in this event for a team from the South of Ontario. What do you say guys and gals? I think it would be great to have another competiting team in this. The more the better I say. Lets hear some feedback.
    Geoff, as I indicated the first day this thread started, I am a member at londongolf and I was thinking of posting in there that there should be a londongolf vs ottawagolf tourney of some sort. Then you posted the TGN thought. I think it would be great for the 3 forums to arrange a tourney! Matt has a great little forum there and getting better by the day
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Geoff, as I indicated the first day this thread started, I am a member at londongolf and I was thinking of posting in there that there should be a londongolf vs ottawagolf tourney of some sort. Then you posted the TGN thought. I think it would be great for the 3 forums to arrange a tourney! Matt has a great little forum there and getting better by the day

Yup, I agree with you Bob, gonna see what we can come up with.

7 Wood East Coast Golf is on a distinguished road

question

can CPGA members play in this event?

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Golf View Post
    can CPGA members play in this event?
    Good question, I will have to present it to the governing body. I will get back to you on that one. Before I do, which side would you be hoping to play for?

7 Wood East Coast Golf is on a distinguished road
    Good question, I will have to present it to the governing body. I will get back to you on that one. Before I do, which side would you be hoping to play for?
    ..well since I have only actually met member of this board, and I will be more than likely working in Kingston next summer.. I would hope to play for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Golf View Post
    ..well since I have only actually met member of this board, and I will be more than likely working in Kingston next summer.. I would hope to play for you guys.

OK, you can play. Just kidding. Let me ask the other possible captains to see what they have to say.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    East Coast Golf i just pm'd you but i'm pretty sure you know two people on this site now!! We were introduced by a mutual friend after a show at Maverick's downtown in Ottawa a while back and we talked golf for a looooong while. You were working at the Rock at the time i think.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Well guys if this gets any bigger we will have to get one of the networks involved..I for one think its a great idea but the bigger the event the more work; and like Geoff said in an earlier post he certaintly cant do it all. Anyway if the London area people are in any way like us I say " lets go for it". This forum is just great for meeting good people. If any help is needed Geoff-let me know-more than willing

One little thought--is there any way that members from other forums can have an identity tag so that we know where they are from? Just a thought.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Well guys if this gets any bigger we will have to get one of the networks involved..I for one think its a great idea but the bigger the event the more work; and like Geoff said in an earlier post he certaintly cant do it all. Anyway if the London area people are in any way like us I say " lets go for it". This forum is just great for meeting good people. If any help is needed Geoff-let me know-more than willing

One little thought--is there any way that members from other forums can have an identity tag so that we know where they are from? Just a thought.

Thanks for the offer BM. I have had many offers of help and will add yours to the list. Really appreciate it. I'm sure if everyone does their part, organizing this should go off without a hitch.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Hi Geoff
    Take me off the list, I am out.
    Rick
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

You going to represent your home region?

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Sign me up coach. Of course, I'd like a piece of the gate to donate to my favourite charity!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    You going to represent your home region?
    No, I am not representing any region. I just figured since I am not from Ottawa area I should not be playing for the team. I should not be taking someone's place from that area. Plus if you have a qualifier I would not attend. Too far to drive
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

9 Iron tehflakes is on a distinguished road
    I cant wait for this event.

I'll start the smack talk.

It's on like donkey kong!

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Hey I'm only a 3.5 handicap and don't have much of a chance against a pro as in East Coast Golf, but I would love to caddy for him even though the trip will probably cost me around 500 dollars U.S.

9 Iron tehflakes is on a distinguished road
    Dedication...lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    Hey I'm only a 3.5 handicap and don't have much of a chance against a pro as in East Coast Golf, but I would love to caddy for him even though the trip will probably cost me around 500 dollars U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Sign me up coach. Of course, I'd like a piece of the gate to donate to my favourite charity!
    Mike, you're on the interested list. Good to have you aboard.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Geez--500.00 US is 550.00 Canuck--your getting a deal
    Last edited by big mac; 10-18-2006 at 06:45 PM. Reason: cant convert
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Geez--500.00 US is only 450.00 Canuck--your getting a deal
    .....In that case I may stay a week and play some golf with all of you

And in case anyone was interested, I think I figured out a way to score the event if three teams are involved.

And in case anyone was interested, I think I figured out a way to score the event if three teams are involved.
    .......Weeeeellllllll!!!!!! Were all ears

This'll be good.. Let us have it, Geoff!!
    [B][I][B][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/B][/I][/B]

OK here goes:

Each team has 12 members, but we are only playing team events so each team has 6 "players" for lack of a better term.

I think it will be a 36 hole event, with a different format for each set of 9 holes. The formats will be determined at a later date.

So what do you people think of this for scoring. As opposed to match play (don't think the course will approve of having sixsomes per hole) we play stroke play. And points will be awarded to the best six scores per 9 hole format.

So for each 9 hole format there is a possible 21 pts to be won. So if one website was to place a team in the first six spots of each nine hole format they would get a perfect score of 84 pts.

Breakdown is as follows:

Best score in the format recieves 6 pts.
    Second best gets 5 pts, and so on down to 1 pt. Seeing how there is 18 "players", putting a premium on high finishes will assure of some exciting golf. No sitting back and nursing a lead. You have to get out there and rack up the points. Seeing how I highly doubt one forum will field a team so strong that they would have the six best scores for each 9 hole format, awarding points for the top six teams per 9 hole seemed fair. Just basing everything off of the 6 team per forum number. Feedback?

Almost forgot to clarify, in case of ties, depending on how many teams tie, the following could be used to disperse the points:

Two teams tie for first: They end up splitting 11pts (take first and second place points, add then split equally)

Three teams tie for first: They end up splitting 15 pts between them (take first, second and third place points)

And so on and so on until all points for the six finishing positions have been awarded.

BTW as for formats I was thinking the following:

Best ball
    Scramble
    Alternate shot
    And worst ball (as picked by the other team you are paired with, seems like it would add some excitement, but the last format is always open for debate)
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 10-18-2006 at 03:10 PM.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    What, no singles? What's match play without singles?

OK here goes:

Each team has 12 members, but we are only playing team events so each team has 6 "players" for lack of a better term.

I think it will be a 36 hole event, with a different format for each set of 9 holes. The formats will be determined at a later date.

So what do you people think of this for scoring. As opposed to match play (don't think the course will approve of having sixsomes per hole) we play stroke play. And points will be awarded to the best six scores per 9 hole format.

So for each 9 hole format there is a possible 21 pts to be won. So if one website was to place a team in the first six spots of each nine hole format they would get a perfect score of 84 pts.

Breakdown is as follows:

Best score in the format recieves 6 pts.
    Second best gets 5 pts, and so on down to 1 pt. Seeing how there is 18 "players", putting a premium on high finishes will assure of some exciting golf. No sitting back and nursing a lead. You have to get out there and rack up the points. Seeing how I highly doubt one forum will field a team so strong that they would have the six best scores for each 9 hole format, awarding points for the top six teams per 9 hole seemed fair. Just basing everything off of the 6 team per forum number. Feedback?

Almost forgot to clarify, in case of ties, depending on how many teams tie, the following could be used to disperse the points:

Two teams tie for first: They end up splitting 11pts (take first and second place points, add then split equally)

Three teams tie for first: They end up splitting 15 pts between them (take first, second and third place points)

And so on and so on until all points for the six finishing positions have been awarded.

BTW as for formats I was thinking the following:

Best ball
    Scramble
    Alternate shot
    And worst ball (as picked by the other team you are paired with, seems like it would add some excitement, but the last format is always open for debate)
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Sounds good to me, but I always was easy ,by the way if it would turn out that people from all those different forum sites would like to play behind the competition groups maybe it may be worth while to see if we can rent the whole golf course for the whole day. Maybe then we will have a little more freedom to play what and how we want to play and not worry about other paying patrons. And besides it would be fantastik to meet so many golf forum lovers

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    What, no singles? What's match play without singles?

Don't want to have to deal with proving/validating handicaps. Keep it a team event and we can eliminate the caps.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Don't want to have to deal with proving/validating handicaps. Keep it a team event and we can eliminate the caps.
    You need caps for best ball...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information