100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cbc - Wtf?????

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar

Cbc - Wtf?????

I know the leafs are winning 5-0, but i am sure Sens and leaf fans can actually agree on one thing, why did they put a Nucks/Wings game on when it was 3-1, 1st game of the season?? Its not like its the 2nd last of the season, with major implications. I would rather watch the leafs win 15-0, then get interrupted to watch another game instead.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Wasn't that unreal

And I am ALREADY fedup with the CBC announcers! NO CHANGE, Cole is still unprepared!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    I thought I missed something coming back from commercial like an ice problem....but no CBC doing something totally uncalled for.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second here. Maybe it shows that CBC is trying to appease everyone who complains that they are too Toronto-centric. Sure, it didn't work out well for Ottawa fans in this case (though I can't see why you would want to watch the end of that pathetic display), but if it is a sign of a greater trend, then it might not be a bad thing.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I wish they'd do this all the time. I especially wish they'd do it more often on NFL telecasts. Once the outcome is no longer in doubt, switch to a more exciting game if it's available.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second here. Maybe it shows that CBC is trying to appease everyone who complains that they are too Toronto-centric. Sure, it didn't work out well for Ottawa fans in this case (though I can't see why you would want to watch the end of that pathetic display), but if it is a sign of a greater trend, then it might not be a bad thing.

Don't be silly Why would we want to watch the last minute of a game that was already over? Hell, during that time I might have missed the only good play Ottawa made all night or even yet, seen Tucker get his bell rung!

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    I wish they'd do this all the time. I especially wish they'd do it more often on NFL telecasts. Once the outcome is no longer in doubt, switch to a more exciting game if it's available.

I agree if they had switched to a more exciting game but lets get real The wings/canucks game was over.
    PinShark

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Don't be silly Why would we want to watch the last minute of a game that was already over? Hell, during that time I might have missed the only good play Ottawa made all night or even yet, seen Tucker get his bell rung!
    ISN'T TUCKER'S BELL PERMANTLY RUNG?

And to think my daughters and wife name our dog TUCKER

Nice to here Bob "LEAFS HOMER" Cole is still kicking. I would have thought after the "GET RID OF BOB COLE" website poll was sent to CBC they might have sent Ol Bob packing back to Newfoundland. Guess not, so another boring winter with CBC HNIC
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I can't believe that I paid $140/ticket for that game and had 6 Tickets......damn the boys played like crap

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I can't believe that I paid $140/ticket for that game and had 6 Tickets......damn the boys played like crap

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    And to think my daughters and wife name our dog TUCKER
    Are you sure when she told you the dog's name she didn't stutter?

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    i agree that its great to see games other than the leafs, but not for the last minute of a game that was already over. Like i said before, i think its stupid that they would cut to a game for 5 minutes, while the other was still being played. Think of a guy, like me, who has been watching a game for over two hours, and just like that you come back from a commercial break and you miss 5 minutes of a game. If the plan was to show the Wings/Nucks game instead, that would be fine, i am used to not getting to watch the Sens, but to cut to another game really didn't make much sense to me.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    It gets better, I had the pleasure of enjoying the game with my parents and friends of theirs (all up from PEI) and they are huge Laugh fans

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get around Loch March tomorrow without killing someone

Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    That has to be the worst game I've ever been to. Thank god I didn't pay the 169.00 that was printed on the ticket Where the heck were the Sens. Looked like they were an expansion team... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    It gets better, I had the pleasure of enjoying the game with my parents and friends of theirs (all up from PEI) and they are huge Laugh fans

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get around Loch March tomorrow without killing someone
    My sympathies buddy (and I do mean that!) Loch March! YOU SOB!!! I have been sick at home since the fun day last Saturday! Bought a set of clubs from Donny and haven't even had a chance to pick them up and try them

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    i agree that its great to see games other than the leafs, but not for the last minute of a game that was already over. Like i said before, i think its stupid that they would cut to a game for 5 minutes, while the other was still being played. Think of a guy, like me, who has been watching a game for over two hours, and just like that you come back from a commercial break and you miss 5 minutes of a game. If the plan was to show the Wings/Nucks game instead, that would be fine, i am used to not getting to watch the Sens, but to cut to another game really didn't make much sense to me.
    I personally didn't see the game...I got only west coast coverage out here, so I don't know exactly what happened. If you're saying they cut away from the Sens game to show a couple minutes of the Canucks, I agree, that doesn't make sense. All in all, I am quite confused, but I'm sure we can all agree that Bob Cole is as terrible as always, if not worse. The new guy they have on for the Calgary?edmonton game is absolutely terrible too.

I personally didn't see the game...I got only west coast coverage out here, so I don't know exactly what happened. If you're saying they cut away from the Sens game to show a couple minutes of the Canucks, I agree, that doesn't make sense. All in all, I am quite confused, but I'm sure we can all agree that Bob Cole is as terrible as always, if not worse. The new guy they have on for the Calgary?edmonton game is absolutely terrible too.
    Jon, thats exactly what they did and Ron M actually sort of appologized for it.... in a round about way! lOL

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I was at the game last night and believe me, if I could have had a magical remote and switched to the canucks and wings game I would have! Worst game I have ever seen live and I had season tickets last year! Would have been better off putting the 67's or even any beer league team would have played with more heart then the Sens did last night. 40% surcharge to watch that crap, I was pissed!

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Is it just me or the Sens don’t look like a cup contender. I know it’s early in the season but the first two games were boring. Havalt’s speed was greatly misted.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I didn't notice Havlats speed but you notice a big 6' 9" 260 lbs gap missing on that blue line! We have no one that can clear in front of th net, the Leafs took advantage of that big time last night. The Sens are much faster then the leafs but their defensive pairings are not working. Phillips is playing on his oposite side and he gets lost, maybe Corvo will be a better match for him but right now it doesn't work. The forwards have tons of speed but they don't know how to pass the puck! To many times last night passes were in the skates or to nobody at all. Then Gerber looked like a civ last night, great game on Wed but he has to show up every game if he is going to be our #1 goalie. He let in at least 2 real soft ones. It might be early but the Sens still look they are at first day of training camp trying to get ued to all the changes. Hopefully it won't take to long, but who knows maybe they'll peak just in time for the playoffs!

If there wasn;t doubt before that Gerber is the sens starter there sure is now. Too bad both goalies had a dismal night.
    PinShark

Corvo is sorely missed right now. I think he and Phillips will make a good pairing, but "turn the puck over at the blueline 3 seconds into overtime" Volchenkov isn't going to cut it as the number 4 D-man. Havlat's speed isn't a big deal - he barely played at all last year with his kicking suspension and injury...they did just fine without him then. It's way to early to be jumping on these guys. Besidses, what they really need is to get into the playoffs in 5th or 6th with lower expectations..that's where they will do their damage. It will also be good for these guys to have some adversity before they reach the playoffs. Maybe that way they will learn how to deal with it. And that might also weed out some of the stupid bandwagon jumper fans, who like to cheer when the going is good, and * when it isn't.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I sure wish my quote button worked!!!! You paid 140.00 for a Sens ticket and the golf season is not over yet?????? Serves you right!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    I sure wish my quote button worked!!!! You paid 140.00 for a Sens ticket and the golf season is not over yet?????? Serves you right!

Just copy and paste it into the new post and make it in bold

Thread Information