CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your Best Shot

Gap Wedge perrsco is on a distinguished road perrsco's Avatar
    Anywhere between 100-135 (GW-9 Iron) is my best shot - it even won me "Closest to the Pin" in my last tourney. Woot!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    My best club (for real) this year has been my 5W. My success percentage is waaaaaay up there.

Hit my best shot of the year by far today playing Loch March from the Golds, which I have never done before, but it was quiet and I wanted to see how it plays. FYI, it is a very different course from back there.

Anyway, 2nd hole, 207 yards to the pin and I hit the flag with the 5W. If you know #2 you'll know that you usually can't see the bottom of the flag because of the bunker and I couldn't see my ball after it dropped so it was either in the hole or very close.

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately because I was by myself so no witnesses, the ball ended up 4 feet from the hole. Yes, I made the putt.

Lob Wedge DaGuy is on a distinguished road
    My most consistant club of the year would have to be my 5 wood.... I stripe that thing pretty good on most shots. I do have a love hate relationship with my driver too, it will be very good to me on a few holes then get upset and I have to take the rest of the round to calm it down. My 52 degree wedge is also a comfort club, get near the 100 yard marker and I know I have a chance of getting close.
    mmmmm...open face club sandwedge.. ughhh...

5 Wood PatS is on a distinguished road PatS's Avatar
    7 iron + ProV1 = Stop on the green w/ side spin.

Didn't know I could do that!

9 Iron Darin_CS is on a distinguished road
    My most clutch shot I can think of right now was a chip in I had 2 years ago. It was my clubs match play at a course just outside of Fredericton New Brunswick called Riverbend. I was on the par 5 15th, just off the green in 3. I was down 3 holes and my playing partner stuffed his 3rd shot to about 2 feet. I needed to make it to stay alive.
    The chip was only about 9 feet long, but it was drastically downhill. I also had to aim about 4 feet right. I could not chip it through the rough cause it was too long, and I could not fly it normally to the green cause it was too fast. Luckily my ball was sitting up real well. I picked a spot about 1 inch in diameter right next to a ball mark, open my club face as far as I possibly could and I tried to hit it as straight up as I possibly could.

I hit it just perfect, hit my spot, was going too fast, hit the pin and dropped.
    Best part is, he missed his put.
    ahmen.........

Lost it in the next hole cause my opponent dropped a birdie put from 45 feet, I lipped mine out from 8.

Cheers

Darin

Thread Information