Hello,

So this year I have decided to experiment and look more closely at refining my game via equipment and optimal use of shaft technology.

I have been using the Whiteboard 73X for my driver and was generally happy with the flight. However, sometimes it would launch too high possibly due to swinging down rather than up creating more spin. I have been on the launch monitor and my numbers were in the ideal range with a 9.5 or set to 8.75 degrees.

To minimize this effect, I am trying an 83X Blueboard which is generally used for fairway woods but was under the impression that a heavier shaft should decrease dispersion and should launch a little lower right? But after a round, it launched higher than the whiteboard even though its heavier and dispersion was a little more. I know it's the beginning of the season so maybe its the swing or maybe its the shaft characteristics?

Can anyone provide any feedback or comment? Any similar experiences? I may just use the Blueboard on a fairway wood since I don't think I can find anything better than the White 73 unless I can get an 83 but I have heard that it's completely a different shaft and needs more loading once the shaft gets that heavy in a whiteboard. I generally don't like lighter shafts and I like feeling the club and relying on tempo.