100 Holes of Hope

Threaded View

Andegoulding

What does the future hold?

Given that there are some very informed people on these forums, I just wondered what the general consensus was regarding the future? At the moment golf simulators are incredibly expensive, but, there seems to be an absolute explosion of low cost swing monitors coming onto the scene. Swingbyte, Skypro etc. Do you think it's only a matter of time before these sort of devices are capable of spewing out sufficient and accurate data to be able to marry up to some decent sim software? It would be incredible to be able to play PP, or E6II with just a tiny device strapped to the club. Is this unfeasible for any reason, or do you all think that we are stuck with systems that consistently run into thousands of pounds/dollars?

I was in the market for a GC2 last year, but couldn't get one imported, and the UK prices were prohibitive. I had contemplated the Protee, but wanted something a bit more portable/less complicated to set up. Now life has got in the way and I can't justify the outlay of thousands. I'm currently still using my Optishot (which is amazing at what it does for the money), but would dearly love something a bit more "next-gen".

I'm surprised, given the success of the GC2, that a rival unit at a fraction of the price hasn't emerged from the far-east as yet. I really wish it would so that Foresight would be forced to reprice their unit for what it's worth, as opposed to how much they think they can get away with.

How do you lot think things will pan out?
    Last edited by Andegoulding; 05-12-2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: I'm useless

Thread Information